Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Type 2 local recommendations for BYO Cable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've encountered a few chargers now with BYO cables and a couple particularly close to my house.
Does anyone have some recommendations for some locally available CCS-2 to public charger cables?
Is it even worth it?

That's new.... I am yet to come across a place where cable is not provided.

Tessories have up to 22KW cable in stock... they are good with most accessories.

if you have time to wait... there are many options at online...
  1. Type 2 to Type 2 Charging Cable | EV | Chargemaster NZ
  2. Charge Cable - Type 2 to Type 1 - 7kW 32A 1 Phase
  3. Type 2 to Type 2 EV charge cable
  4. Rapidé Type-2 EV Charging Cable - 22kW | 32A | 3P
  5. Type 2 to Type 2 EV Charging Cable, 32A, 5m — Wallpods by Neuton Power
  6. https://www.repco.co.nz/know-how/ev-charging-cables
  7. Type 1 or TYpe 2, 8 or 16 amp Charging Cable
  8. Type 2 - Type 2 Electric Vehicle Charge Cable 32 amp 5m — ecogeekco
  9. Type 2 to type 2 Cable - 5M - 20kW EV charging cable Spiral cord 32A 3
then you have overseas options....

almost everyone selling one... I wouldn't be surprised if BP and other Gas stations not stocking one already.

Take a look at OEM Audio for a good range of cables etc.

Reactions: Miggy
If I didn't already have a Type 2 cable that I got from Tesla, I'd skip the local options and order this one. Unlike other cables, it has a built in Tesla button so you can open the charge port with and stop charging when you're done - just like a Tesla Wall Connector or UMC cable.

I've encountered a few chargers now with BYO cables and a couple particularly close to my house.
Does anyone have some recommendations for some locally available CCS-2 to public charger cables?
Is it even worth it?
CCS-2 would be DC they are all fixed cables not BYO
Type 2 which is AC which can be BYO cable, it looks like the top half of CCS-2
Type2 cables are quite expensive around $300 32 amp 3phase (will still work on single phase)
I also have Type2 to Type1 adapter, comes in handy if all the Type2 are in use

Tesla used to sell Type 2 cables I don't know if they still do

Only you can make the call if it's worth it

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Audietron
And it's going to be $600 landed, all for a silly button that opens the charge flap? A $10 remote off alibaba does the same thing, and doesn't require either end of the cable to be plugged in.
It doesn't just open the flap. Having it on the cable means that it can also send the control signal to stop charging and to unlock the charger port. The remote on Aliexpress can't do that, it can only open the flap.

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron