Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console for six seater, new 4/17?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too see a 6-seat center console option available (+$800 Cdn). I hope that it will become available as an upgrade in the Tesla Store in the next few weeks/months.

Also, they now have a very nice 20" Sonic Carbon Wheel option (dark gray version of the Silver Slip Stream)!

Some nice upgrades.

Last edited:
Let's see what this console actually looks like. Can't tell by the mock-ups but it would have been very smart to make it high enough to act as an armrest. 6-seater second row badly needs armrests...
They've made changes to the design studio in the past few hours. New picture/mock up of theThe console appears to be high enough to serve as an armrest.

Foot room will be worse than having a 7-seater!

I hope that it will become available as an upgrade in the Tesla Store in the next few weeks/months.
I doubt it. The console includes HVAC ducts which would be fed from underneath. I supposes they could make one available that wouldn't include the ductwork, but then it wouldn't be as nice as the factory installed one.

I know a lot of people have been jonesing for the arm rests, but this takes away a lot of the benefits of having the six-seater. And unless they do something unusual, you'll loose a lot of storage volume underneath the storage cubby below the arm rests. It can't all be filled up with ducts.

I doubt it. The console includes HVAC ducts which would be fed from underneath. I supposes they could make one available that wouldn't include the ductwork, but then it wouldn't be as nice as the factory installed one.

I know a lot of people have been jonesing for the arm rests, but this takes away a lot of the benefits of having the six-seater. And unless they do something unusual, you'll loose a lot of storage volume underneath the storage cubby below the arm rests. It can't all be filled up with ducts.
I think the wording on the website is confusing people. I don't believe there is any duct work associated with the center console. If you have the 6 or 7 seat option, you get extra duct work for the 3rd row, but it shouldn't have anything to do with the console.

Notice that the text "Rear air conditioning and heating system included" applies to all 6 and 7 seat options (with and without the console).

I think the wording on the website is confusing people. I don't believe there is any duct work associated with the center console. If you have the 6 or 7 seat option, you get extra duct work for the 3rd row, but it shouldn't have anything to do with the console.

Notice that the text "Rear air conditioning and heating system included" applies to all 6 and 7 seat options (with and without the console).
I see what you mean. You now have two choices of six-seat versions. One with the console and one without. So you're paying $500 extra for the console. And you're right the A/C comment is the general 6- and 7- feature.

Anyway, my negative comment about the console still stands. Can't access the 3rd row seats, loose storage volume, loose leg room in 3rd row. Too many negatives for the positive of getting the armrests.

I see what you mean. You now have two choices of six-seat versions. One with the console and one without. So you're paying $500 extra for the console. And you're right the A/C comment is the general 6- and 7- feature.

Anyway, my negative comment about the console still stands. Can't access the 3rd row seats, loose storage volume, loose leg room in 3rd row. Too many negatives for the positive of getting the armrests.
I totally agree with you. I'd still like to see it in person before I make final judgement, but my gut feeling is that I wouldn't get it, which is ironic since it's the one option I was dying to get since the Sept 2015 reveal (after accepting the fact that the seats don't fold).

Although I'm negative about the console, I have say that adding center arm rests for the 2nd row seats in the 6-seat configuration that could swing up and out of the way, would be a great addition. And it would take NOTHING away from the 6-seat config. I think this and some other choices makes me conclude that Tesla is sacrificing too much at the alter of production efficiency. And nothing is going to sway them from that path but a viable competitor that isn't making those poor compromises.