Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console piano lack polish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a models S with black wood and lack ontop. As the car is from 2018 the console lack looks absolutely horrendous and is full of scratches. Does anyone have experience and recommendations on how to polish and possibly reapply lack on top of it? This most likely is doable and would considerably enhance the appeal.

Or enamel coat, sorry english is not my first language so I confuse some terms. However what I ment is the clear paint coat protecting the wood. I'm wondering if it could be polished somehow relatively easily and reapplied to make it shine again.

Or enamel coat, sorry english is not my first language so I confuse some terms. However what I ment is the clear paint coat protecting the wood. I'm wondering if it could be polished somehow relatively easily and reapplied to make it shine again.
A picture might help.

Thinking out loud here, how about a very fine rubbing compound followed up with a ceramic coating. I don't know what the material is, so rubbing compound may make worse.

Or for swirl marks try to fill them in. Paint, sand, paint sand .... repeat until it looks like glass.