Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service center Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
inquired with the SC, and they are now billing me $150 as diagnose fee.
If you're saying it shows $150 in the service order within the app, that's just an automatic estimate that shows up when they enter it into the system. It's not necessarily what they will charge. All of my warranty issues (including repairs of repairs of repairs, of repairs) showed a price in the app but in the end I was not charged.

Normally you can message them to ask for confirmation, but good luck getting someone from that particular SC to reply. Sorry about your experience overall. I've still got a couple of outstanding issues they've screwed up again and again, and I'm so exhausted with Tesla I'm thinking of paying a third party to fix those once and for all.

If you're saying it shows $150 in the service order within the app, that's just an automatic estimate that shows up when they enter it into the system. It's not necessarily what they will charge. All of my warranty issues (including repairs of repairs of repairs, of repairs) showed a price in the app but in the end I was not charged.

Normally you can message them to ask for confirmation, but good luck getting someone from that particular SC to reply. Sorry about your experience overall. I've still got a couple of outstanding issues they've screwed up again and again, and I'm so exhausted with Tesla I'm thinking of paying a third party to fix those once and for all.
Thanks for the note. I reached out to Fremont SC, and to my shock they did respond. Firstly, they stated that they cannot see any records that my car was in service. Clearly an oversight on their part. Hopefully if they look again closely at the history, they will see that the car was indeed at the SC only a few weeks ago.

Regarding the diagnosis fee, they did not dismiss this, and the reasoning for this is even baffling. They state "given the age and mileage" on the car, they need to first verify if the problem exists. Not sure what they mean by this. The car is only a few months old with about 2500 miles. Again the issue with the vehicle shaking at moderate speeds appeared only after wheel alignment was performed, and I am assuming that the wheels also need to be re-balanced.

It is going to be be interesting (very frustrating) dealing with these guys when my time comes to visit the SC

Thanks for the note. I reached out to Fremont SC, and to my shock they did respond. Firstly, they stated that they cannot see any records that my car was in service. Clearly an oversight on their part. Hopefully if they look again closely at the history, they will see that the car was indeed at the SC only a few weeks ago.

Regarding the diagnosis fee, they did not dismiss this, and the reasoning for this is even baffling. They state "given the age and mileage" on the car, they need to first verify if the problem exists. Not sure what they mean by this. The car is only a few months old with about 2500 miles. Again the issue with the vehicle shaking at moderate speeds appeared only after wheel alignment was performed, and I am assuming that the wheels also need to be re-balanced.

It is going to be be interesting (very frustrating) dealing with these guys when my time comes to visit the SC

If they don't figure out the actual history when you get there, you need to get firmly "Karen" about this and ask for the manager to help sort it out. He arranged work for me in a way that a basic SA could not authorize. (After that someone still managed to screw up the results, but that's normal for them, and at least we got that far.) I'll PM his name to you.

If they don't figure out the actual history when you get there, you need to get firmly "Karen" about this and ask for the manager to help sort it out. He arranged work for me in a way that a basic SA could not authorize. (After that someone still managed to screw up the results, but that's normal for them, and at least we got that far.) I'll PM his name to you.
Thank you for the note. I hate asking "can I speak to your manager" but it may come to that especially if I again get assigned the same service advisor as last time. He really did not like to communicate and was a man of few words - you could tell he hates the job.

As I had mentioned, my previous visit to this SC was shameful. Below are only some of the issues that I requested to be resolved which they could not and claim these are all "within manufacturing tolerances and are commonly noted within the Tesla fleet". Wow - pretty low standards that they are setting here. I have given up on these. They further damaged the passenger side B-pillar that now needs to be replaced and in the service notes it does state "damage caused during service visit at Fremont". Not sure why someone from their team can now claim "We have no records of your car coming here".

seatRipple.jpeg
855EFD15-048A-477F-A0D9-DC44956E7B3F.jpeg
plasticTrim.jpeg

What has me super annoyed is the terrible job they have done with the wheel alignment given that the car show shakes and feels extremely rough to drive. I am assuming either a tire has gone bad with a detached foam and/or the wheels need to be balanced. These issues were not present prior to wheel alignment and I only noticed that something was not right just as I was leaving the SC. I probably should have turned around and taken the car back to them straightaway. If they dispute this issue, I will need to take the vehicle to an independent tire store - shameful that I would need to pay Tesla a diagnostic fee and then go elsewhere especially since the car is in warranty and the noted issue only came about due to poor workmanship on their part.

I am planning on taking the vehicle this weekend, sooner than the registered appointment. I hope they accept and don't turn me away. Hopefully I get assigned a different SA. I am hesitant going over to a different SC just in case they say "well we did not work on this car, it was the guys at Fremont". Can expect anything from Tesla.

I am planning on taking the vehicle this weekend, sooner than the registered appointment. I hope they accept and don't turn me away. Hopefully I get assigned a different SA. I am hesitant going over to a different SC just in case they say "well we did not work on this car, it was the guys at Fremont". Can expect anything from Tesla.
I've suggested just showing up in the past, but only to get answers and future appointments. In this case it might be worth going there whenever different SAs are on duty, to try getting someone else to confirm they are clear on the history and that the manager won't have to intervene. I don't know anyone's hours there, though I've noticed at some SAs seem to be on or off Thursday-Sunday.

Last edited:
In Sunnyvale SC (after everything else had failed) twice took a video of the discussion with their reps and SC manager. While their reps do not like it, the record helps if you need to go to arbitration to solve the problems they refuse to solve.

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendation on the preferred service center in The Bay Area? I see a similar thread on this topic from 2018, and I wanted to hear recent experiences from people. I’m currently booked to have some issues resolved with my new vehicle at Fremont SC, but can go anywhere so would be curious to hear from others.
ive had mixed results with SF service center. definitely wont get a loaner car tho

All,

As update, I dropped my vehicle at Fremont for a second time to rectify some of the issues arising from my first visit. The issues that I raised included:

(a) checking wheel alignment which they dismissed saying all is normal even though the Tesla T logo on the steering wheel points to the left when driving straight. I am again going to raise this concern in a new service request (perhaps I should try a different SC)

(b) replacing the B-pillar which they damaged during the first visit when trying to diagnose a rattle near the window. The frustrating part here is that they replaced the B-pillar but now scratched the headliner. The scratch is minimal and they agreed to replace the part. I am tempted to let this one go because there is no guarantee they won't mess up again elsewhere, or even worse, introduce a new squeak or rattle as they rush to get the job done. What do you think - should I ignore this and not risk further issues?

(c) thankfully they acknowledged that I do indeed have a rattle (sounds like a buzzing sound) emanating from the door frame. They agreed to replace the frame at next visit.

thumbnail_IMG_5809.jpg

I live in Pleasanton and I have had a few items taken care of by the Dublin Service center and I have been happy with their service. I even had the weatherstripping replaced on the FWD as a goodwill gesture when the rubber started falling apart and turning gooey (They replaced the glass roof on both sides). I have had the bolts break off on the left front brake calipers and just drove in with the wheel screeching and they fixed it the same day. They fixed undercarriage damage by a misplaced car lift, just as a drive in, and the service techs have taken a drive with me when a rock or something got caught in the brakes and was making noise (it immediately disappeared when we started to drive). On and on, but all of my service problems they have taken care of, is very short order. I can recommend them. Their mobile service techs are great too!

perhaps I should try a different SC
I don't know what the policy is now, but my car's initial quality issues could only be addressed by my Delivery Center, now closed, and then only by the Fremont Service Center which is or was the official factory service center. Unless something has changed, Service Centers may refuse factory quality issues. But it's worth a try; all they can do is say "no", which is what happened to me. Perhaps it depends on the type of problem.

I would definitely try again with the steering wheel issue. Mine had the same problem, and the fix was a toe-in alignment. Same for the scratched headliner. But if at some point they wear you out through sheer incompetence, I would understand. I'm nearing that point myself.

I don't know what the policy is now, but my car's initial quality issues could only be addressed by my Delivery Center, now closed, and then only by the Fremont Service Center which is or was the official factory service center. Unless something has changed, Service Centers may refuse factory quality issues. But it's worth a try; all they can do is say "no", which is what happened to me. Perhaps it depends on the type of problem.

I would definitely try again with the steering wheel issue. Mine had the same problem, and the fix was a toe-in alignment. Same for the scratched headliner. But if at some point they wear you out through sheer incompetence, I would understand. I'm nearing that point myself.
Thanks for the note. I’m now transferring my work over to Santa Clara. Fremont SC have already written up the service notes for my next visit, and hopefully they can have that transferred over to Santa Clara.

Am opting against headliner fix because I know that will invite further trouble. I also noticed today when I got home from Fremont that the rubber seal has detached in the area they were working on as they were exploring a rattle. I tried pushing the seal back in place but it continues to fall out. The rattle persists and now I also have to deal with this new issue - thanks to Tesla Fremont SC! Alignment need to be addressed so these are the two pending items and then I’m going to call it a day. Other issues persist but I have given up on those as I know Tesla will mess it up further through sheer incompetence.