Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Centre Console Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Already looking at the obligatory accessories for my incoming Model 3.

Has anyone had any experience with these “shell type” centre console covers?

They’re meant to be better than the vinyl wraps.

50 quid off eBay, know AO are cheaper but then there’s the duty to be paid.

This is my thought and I might be wrong but surely a well installed quality wrap will be better than a plastic cover? The wrap is like a second skin right, whereas the cover is.....well, a cover.
Probably true for the centre console though these would be a bit tougher and much easier to fit. The dash is hard to wrap and sometimes the grain shows through so I like the matt dash strip but will stick with my wrap on the centre console.

Just had a look there, nice them mate

so what’s the general consensus now on where to order from? Is there enough UK based places to get decent gear, without ordering in from AO or Taptes?

Last thing I want to be doing is ordering from some tin pot seller and ending up with snide, cheap gear. Don’t mind paying decent coin for decent gear.

any difficulties/issues with the console cover opening with these on?

heard some stories about the cover not opening properly with the shell type cover attached

Other than super thin wrap, any shell you add is going to reduce the clearance on gaps. You just need to take time to line up correctly when you install. When installed correctly I’ve had no problems opening/closing.

Yes, from TA. They are so new that they don’t have them listed on the site yet. I asked via web site chat if any other colours available and they mentioned these were just in. Send them an e-mail on their main web site contact address, they are really helpful.
Thanks, how much did they cost, also do you know if they do a cover for the wooden dash strip to match?

Is delivery a bit quicker from TA seeing as how they’re a bit closer to the UK geographically?

If you ordered from Abstract Ocean today, you might have something by the end of the week. Our order was Sat eve and they tried to deliver the following Wed and that included a customs security check - thats what the tape on package said and tracking. But that was pre Covid 19.

In contrast, I have an order coming from Nederland's, shipped last Thu AM. Looks like it may be due out for delivery today. So fractionally quicker assuming that it spent all of yesterday in warehouse due to non working day.

So not much in it.