Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Pro Glass + Rain = Wet Trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed today that with the Ceramic Pro on the class when you open the trunk the water now runs down the glass too quickly that it flies over the rubber seals and in to the trunk. Has anyone else noticed this and have any bright ideas short of trying to wipe the back window and trunk before opening? Only seems to be an issue when it’s been parked as you don’t get water build up when driving.

• Informative
Reactions: Asad1087
I noticed today that with the Ceramic Pro on the class when you open the trunk the water now runs down the glass too quickly that it flies over the rubber seals and in to the trunk. Has anyone else noticed this and have any bright ideas short of trying to wipe the back window and trunk before opening? Only seems to be an issue when it’s been parked as you don’t get water build up when driving.
The same thing happens to my Model 3 w/ Ceramic Pro. My brother has the exact same issue on his X with water dumping in the Falcon Wing doors.

You guys just keeping towels in your trunk for when it’s raining? Don’t have my 3 yet and haven’t seen the interior upper trunk opening but any way to retrofit a small “catch basin lip” somehow under the upper trunk molding to catch the water when it’s raining? You know somehow clip something on or hang something under the lip? Someone need to get creative and mod or test some things out.

Ski