Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chademo not supported?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't heard anything, but it wouldn't surprise me. Tesla probably expects everyone to use the CCS adapter going forward. (I don't know of many, any?, sites with only CHAdeMO.)

It could be because Model 3s going to Canada come from China. (In general vehicles made for Europe and China don't support CHAdeMO because of port wiring differences, so maybe ones for Canada get the same gimped charge port controller, even though they don't need to restrict CHAdeMO.)

Thanks for your help. Apparently you are right.
The Model S and Model X CHAdeMO Adapter is not currently supported by Model 3 and Model Y.
Tesla page
Note that the page you referenced is possibly meant for Australia. The URL contains "en_au" (English Australian) and mileage is stated in kilometers. The CHAdeMO adapter has not been sold by Tesla since around 2020, about a year after they updated the software to allow Model 3 to use the CHAdeMO adapter (I have one and have been using it for several years as my main source for charging).

Recently I had my 2018 LR RWD upgraded to use the CCS adapter (which works great) and it still supports the CHAdeMO adapter.

Thanks for your help. Apparently you are right.
The Model S and Model X CHAdeMO Adapter is not currently supported by Model 3 and Model Y.
Tesla page
I dont know about the Highland but I've used the Chademo adapter successfully on my 2018 3 for years before they finally came out with the CCS retrofit. As for the Highland, it comes with CCS compatibility built in so why bother with Chademo, just get a CCS adapter.

I dont know about the Highland but I've used the Chademo adapter successfully on my 2018 3 for years before they finally came out with the CCS retrofit. As for the Highland, it comes with CCS compatibility built in so why bother with Chademo, just get a CCS adapter.
Assuming you could find a cheap CHAdeMO adapter at this late stage, or already have one, there's pretty good coverage of CHAdeMO stations in Canada, where the OP is located. It never hurts (other than the wallet) to have another charging source available, especially if you are traveling.

Assuming you could find a cheap CHAdeMO adapter at this late stage, or already have one, there's pretty good coverage of CHAdeMO stations in Canada, where the OP is located. It never hurts (other than the wallet) to have another charging source available, especially if you are traveling.
I travel in Canada quite a bit and used to use the Chademo until I got CCS. All the stations that have Chademo now also support CCS.

I travel in Canada quite a bit and used to use the Chademo until I got CCS. All the stations that have Chademo now also support CCS.
Thanks all for the responses. But I guess I should have added more context. Before all the superchargers i had purchased the chademo adapter. It had always worked for me and I keep it as insurance to our very reliable superchargers. I have been driving Teslas for the past 9 years and have encountered a supercharger that wasnt working in the middle of winter. Ever since then i have had this insurance as a just in case which can totally happen again. I will invest in the ccs adapter as I did with the chademo however it is grayed out in my shop as it says the cars I have needs to be upgraded to support the ccs. The investment on the adapter can be paid with 6 visits to the pump and running out of charge can be inconvienent and can also damaging to the battery. I will follow up with tesla and see if the car itself needs to be upgraded to take the ccs and will report back so others can benifit.