TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CHAdeMO -- worth it?

Discussion in 'New England' started by theapple, Jul 10, 2014.

1. theapple

theapple Member

Looking at Plugshare, there seem to be quite a bit of CHAdeMO stations popping up in New England. Most, but not all, seem to be installed at Nissan dealerships. How accommodating are they of Tesla drivers? There are public ones in Portland, ME, along I-89 in VT, and along I-91 in Western MA. Might be a nice alternative to waiting/praying for Superchargers, and some are bound to be useful even after the planned superchargers start being installed. But is it worth $1000?

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Are there any along routes you think you'd take where there aren't Superchargers? If not, might not be worth if.

Most Nissan dealerships seem to let people use their stations but sometimes only during business hours.

3. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

For me Nissan dealers have been great in allowing me to charge and they have all been open 24-7. I am afraid to admit how many times Nissan has saved my but. And I have never found a stall not working.

4. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

The question is moot until Tesla actually releases the CHAdeMO adapter. It would be really great if there were a rental program, where Tesla overnights an adapter to you with a return label and you send it back when you're done.

5. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

That would be something TMC could do. Say $25 per week plus shipping. We could have a pool of them and other obscure adapters for TMC members on road trips.

6. biotweak

biotweak Member

Robert / Lloyd that's a great idea, I called Tesla Watertown the other day to see when they may be available. They didn't know and had not even seen one ever...