Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chances of a 5-seat option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I applaud Elon and Tesla for offering a 6-seat configuration, but I have never needed 6 seats with my current truck. Even having a back row in the Cybertruck is overkill for my needs, but so be it.

What do you guys see as the chances that Tesla offers a 5 seat configuration with a Model 3 like center console? This would be way more valuable than a fold down center seat...at least for me! :D

I agree it is big and would like to see a mid or even small sized one, but there's no denying you'll be able to carry a lot of stuff in it. I wonder if the back seats can be taken out to provide a kind of cargo area. Three people is the most I'd need to fit in a truck.

I applaud Elon and Tesla for offering a 6-seat configuration, but I have never needed 6 seats with my current truck. Even having a back row in the Cybertruck is overkill for my needs, but so be it.

What do you guys see as the chances that Tesla offers a 5 seat configuration with a Model 3 like center console? This would be way more valuable than a fold down center seat...at least for me! :D
Front row storage bin on the f150 is pretty great. I can hang file folders in there. Pretty snecking useful for work. Like this
C-3012-PM_A_2-18 (1)_600.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Ludalicious
Tesla Cybertruck armrest.jpg

Image shows fold down of middle seat and armrest.

I love this 6-seat configuration. Unlike Tesla, other trucks have shifters in front of the middle 'seat' so the middle seat option is not very feasible. If you want 6-seat option (for example, in a Tundra), you have to get a column shifter.

You could always fold down the middle seat to make it into a 5-seater. If storage space is what you need, the huge space in front of seat seems to call for some creativity.

Elon has made comments about a smaller CyberTruck coming out later, I can actually use the 6 seats cause I have 3 siblings and two parents and driving us around on a weekend for a family trip or even to the mall is actually awesome for me, I would prefer the larger CyberTruck instead of the smaller 6inch one that Elon states. For people who are concerned about the size I would recommend the smaller CyberTruck cause even if the 6inch one makes it possible to fit in peoples traditional sized garages, its still gonna be tight with not much walk around room which seems to be a lot of the comments for people who want a smaller CyberTruck. Not everyone is in the market for a large truck and a smaller CyberTruck seems like it will cater to a large group of potential buyers and I think it will make them happier and better cater to their need than a slightly smaller large CyberTruck. Ps, If the CyberTruck is slightly smaller I’m sure it’ll be hardly noticeable.

I got the bench seat in my 08 Dodge PU. It has storage in the butt part of the seat AND when you fold down the back of the seat it has storage in it and cup holders on top.
Unless you want some ass-grabbing bucket seat thing you should be fine with the kind of seat I have in my 12 yr old Dodge truck.

One of the reasons the F150 is the most popular vehicle in the U.S. is that its really like dozens of different models all under the same badge. F150's can have 3 different wheelbases, 3 different cab options, 3 or 4 different box sizes, 2 or 3 engine choices, 2wd or 4wd, times 3 or 4 trim level packages. And if one of those packages is not to your liking, you can order the a custom build ala-carte from the factory. On top of that combinatorial nightmare, there are add-on options like wheel packages, towing package, cargo bed liners, covers, floor mats, and lug nut upgrades.
Then there are all the aftermarket add-ons like toppers, winches, light bars, cargo racks, tool boxes, slides, drawers, headache racks, tents, campers, dump boxes, snow plows, and mud flaps.

Oh, and if that is not enough for you, upgrade to the next size up, 3/4 ton, 1-ton, dually, etc.

The popularity of pickup trucks comes from the fact that they are the most customizable vehicles on the planet. That is the secret sauce that Ford and GM have that no other competitors have been able to come close on.

Tesla has tried to pick one configuration to compete against. One of the more popular configurations, but its not going to make the bulk of truck buyers happy because they have become accustomed to having all those options and customization so they can tailor the vehicle to how they want it. To get the benefits of an EV truck, they are going to have to compromise on other stuff. That will work for a while, but you can bet Ford and GM are not going to give up on their competitive advantage of their ability to build so many derivative models. When they catch up a bit on the EV part, I think they will find a lot more success with traditional truck buyers.

Reactions: Barklikeadog
One of the reasons the F150 is the most popular vehicle in the U.S. is that its really like dozens of different models all under the same badge. F150's can have 3 different wheelbases, 3 different cab options, 3 or 4 different box sizes, 2 or 3 engine choices, 2wd or 4wd, times 3 or 4 trim level packages. And if one of those packages is not to your liking, you can order the a custom build ala-carte from the factory. On top of that combinatorial nightmare, there are add-on options like wheel packages, towing package, cargo bed liners, covers, floor mats, and lug nut upgrades.
Then there are all the aftermarket add-ons like toppers, winches, light bars, cargo racks, tool boxes, slides, drawers, headache racks, tents, campers, dump boxes, snow plows, and mud flaps.

Oh, and if that is not enough for you, upgrade to the next size up, 3/4 ton, 1-ton, dually, etc.

The popularity of pickup trucks comes from the fact that they are the most customizable vehicles on the planet. That is the secret sauce that Ford and GM have that no other competitors have been able to come close on.

Tesla has tried to pick one configuration to compete against. One of the more popular configurations, but its not going to make the bulk of truck buyers happy because they have become accustomed to having all those options and customization so they can tailor the vehicle to how they want it. To get the benefits of an EV truck, they are going to have to compromise on other stuff. That will work for a while, but you can bet Ford and GM are not going to give up on their competitive advantage of their ability to build so many derivative models. When they catch up a bit on the EV part, I think they will find a lot more success with traditional truck buyers.
Ya know I never thought about the reason they sold that many trucks...you're a damn genius..or well-read.