Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change horn from inside frunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can see the back of horns when I remove frunk liner. They look flush with a flat bracket holing them in. I'm curious if they are larger on other side behind bumper which won't allow me to pull them through that opening. Anyone play with this yet? Low tone is intermittently out. Cold weather seems to affect it.

removing the horn is not a simple job, i had to change my louvers out as the old ones broke and it was a bitch!

You have to remove the front bumper (easy 5 min task)
then you have to remove the damn radiator, this is a bitch because you have to drain the fluid and then refill once you put it all back together.
then you can access the louvers which is where the horns are held in place.

HOWEVER, if you have small hands it could be possible to get the horns out while only pulling the rad out of place a little and not actually removing it. only way to tell is to try, as but i don't remember how much wiggle room there was

Horn - 2nd Generation (Remove and Replace)

Active Louver - Center (Remove and Replace)

removing the horn is not a simple job, i had to change my louvers out as the old ones broke and it was a bitch!

You have to remove the front bumper (easy 5 min task)
then you have to remove the damn radiator, this is a bitch because you have to drain the fluid and then refill once you put it all back together.
then you can access the louvers which is where the horns are held in place.

HOWEVER, if you have small hands it could be possible to get the horns out while only pulling the rad out of place a little and not actually removing it. only way to tell is to try, as but i don't remember how much wiggle room there was

Horn - 2nd Generation (Remove and Replace)

Active Louver - Center (Remove and Replace)
Total Newbie when it comes to horn removal. Which side of the car are the horns located? If I remove the bullet nose on my 2014 MS 85, can I see the horns (and remove them)? Thanks in advance. How about from the frunk area, does removing the frunk liner give you access to remove, test, replace. Does anyone know the Amperage draw of the existing horns? Looking to replace them (if mine is broken) with a PIAA horn set.