Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change to Climate Control in Tesla App after 46.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve never seen the defroster (air) arrows appear except when the car is ‘cold’ (Below perhaps 50 F?). And it goes off as it heats up. Perhaps a presetting to help melt snow off the windshield?

Only controls I’m aware of are overall temperature, seats, and steering wheel (if you have it).

I also got 48.12.1 yesterday and yet I still do not have my defrosters, seat heaters, etc. It was 48 degrees here this morning (OAT) so maybe you are correct in that it needs to be at or below 40°.

Need new Tesla app version 3.8.0-356. This will give you individual control of every seat heater and steering wheel. Still can't do the defrosters. I got the app update 2 nights ago via Google play.

Regarding the defrosters, I agree there's no individual remote control of them. However with 42.3 I found my defroster never kicked in when preconditioning, even when temps were sub-freezing. With 48.12.1 I find the defrosters turn on when needed. Personally, I don't really care about having individual control over them, I don't need to micromanage it as long as the car does the right thing (48.12.1) instead of doing nothing (42.3).