Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changes to the Australia specifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry - flac file. As for streaming, most seem to drop the quality down substantially over cellular in some cases down to 128kbps. 320kbps sounds pretty good but on a decent system not quite as good as CD - but pretty close. In any case, SACD sounds significantly better than CD - hence my interest in it.

I doubt these differences matter much in a car environment, where there are plenty of noises everywhere.

so nothing outside capital cities then apart from USB sticks with a system that struggles to even play album tracks in order. It is one weal area in the car, made weaker in Australia by the enforced loss of browser function. Tesla should develop a specific Rdio or Spotify app or allow someone to do it.

I agree audio integration is weak, particularly the lack of iPod/iPhone browsing through USB, but I have not had any problems playing the tracks of an album in order from a USB stick. I put my whole iTunes collection on a 64BG USB stick and leave it in the car all the time except for when I want to update it. When you play audio from an iPhone over Bluetooth, the track name and artist show up on the screen and the steering wheel buttons work for skipping to the next/previous track, but it shows your iPhone name as the album name. And for both USB and Bluetooth sources, the album art is not taken from your audio device; it gets it over the Internet, sometimes choosing the wrong image.

I agree audio integration is weak, particularly the lack of iPod/iPhone browsing through USB, but I have not had any problems playing the tracks of an album in order from a USB stick. I put my whole iTunes collection on a 64BG USB stick and leave it in the car all the time except for when I want to update it. When you play audio from an iPhone over Bluetooth, the track name and artist show up on the screen and the steering wheel buttons work for skipping to the next/previous track, but it shows your iPhone name as the album name. And for both USB and Bluetooth sources, the album art is not taken from your audio device; it gets it over the Internet, sometimes choosing the wrong image.

I can't wait until they open their API, then I can go and fix all the media player issues.