Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing air spring without Toolbox?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
Has anyone depressurized an air spring without Toolbox? I'm guessing the only way that might work is to jack the car slightly while on high and then set the level from high to low. The system will evacuate air trying to lower. You'd then put it into jack mode. If it worked, then then the car would get very very low as you lowered the jack.

Has anyone depressurized an air spring without Toolbox? I'm guessing the only way that might work is to jack the car slightly while on high and then set the level from high to low. The system will evacuate air trying to lower. You'd then put it into jack mode. If it worked, then then the car would get very very low as you lowered the jack.

I had been thinking something similar, but how about getting the car raised up however you need for servicing, supporting it, then unbolting the ride height sensor arm from the suspension arm and moving it all the way down? Then put in jack mode. The sensor arm just bolts into the suspension arm so there's no chance of mis-adjustment when you reattach it.

I had been thinking something similar, but how about getting the car raised up however you need for servicing, supporting it, then unbolting the ride height sensor arm from the suspension arm and moving it all the way down? Then put in jack mode. The sensor arm just bolts into the suspension arm so there's no chance of mis-adjustment when you reattach it.

Are you suggesting using disconnecting the sensor arm and then adjusting it manually to fake the height? I'm pretty sure the car system will not do what you think if you adjust just one sensor arm position.

Hopefully someone who has actually done this without toolbox will respond.