Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing breaker size on wall connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I installed my Wall Connector, I only had a 40-A breaker handy, but i wired with #6 and provisioned the W.C. for 35-A max charge. Now I installed a 50-A breaker, but the W.C. configuration interface (accessed through my inside WiFi says "Unable to save configuration" if I try to change to a 50-A breaker (see attached). Do have to reconnect to the W.C.'s internal WiFi to make this change, or is there another way?

Attachments

• W.C. Config message.jpg
    W.C. Config message.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 263
You cannot do it from your normal home network. I had to hold the button on the charging cable for 5 seconds to broadcast the wifi from the wall connector. Connect to the wall charger wifi, If you provisioned it yourself, your phone will have the password for the wifi saved hopefully. From there, open your web browser to the ip address of the wall charger, 192.168.92.1. Then you can do it from there. If you have a problem connecting to the wall charger wifi, you can look for that QR code that came with the wall charger. It does seem to make sense this way of doing it this way because if you have some savvy kids the last thing you'd want to happen is to have them go from 15A to 60A so easily.

Last edited:
Thanks, that's what I figured. BTW, I had no success in the original provisioning using the QR code on the label, it's just too small for my phone (Pixel 2) to focus on with enough resolution to register. I ended up typing in the IP address.

You cannot do it from your normal home network. I had to hold the button on the charging cable for 5 seconds to broadcast the wifi from the wall connector. Connect to the wall charger wifi, If you provisioned it yourself, your phone will have the password for the wifi saved hopefully. From there, open your web browser to the ip address of the wall charger, 192.168.92.1. Then you can do it from there. If you have a problem connecting to the wall charger wifi, you can look for that QR code that came with the wall charger. It does seem to make sense this way of doing it this way because if you have some savvy kids the last thing you'd want to happen is to have them go from 15A to 60A so easily.