Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

changing from lease to loan before delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i emailed the tesla finance guy so we'll see but does anyone know if it's possible to change from a lease to a loan last minute (but before delivery)? i'm scheduled for delivery on friday so it's a little less than a week away.

i'm starting to have cold feet on the lease for a few reasons:

1) i originally calculated the difference between lease and loan to be around $10k (scenario of leasing and then buying vs buying w/ a loan) but realized that the difference is actually $17.5k because of the federal tax credit. that seems like too much of a difference.

2) just speculation but i think that tesla will probably get rid of unlimited charging on the supercharger network in the next few years. i suppose they might keep it for model S and model X (and just not include it for the model 3) but i think they might get rid of it for all new cars and if that happens, i'll probably end up wanting to buy this car anyway so i may as well buy it now and save $17.5k.

3) the 5% lease apr is just too high when compared to a 1.5% loan apr.

Interestingly enough, I'm actually fine with delaying delivery. I bought an inventory car because it was so close to what I wanted but don't actually need the car until the end of the year (my current car lease is up on 12/31/2017).