Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing Order of AWD Non-P to White Seats, Delivery impact?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved 5/8, ordered AWD with a trade-in on 6/28 and changed to white seats on July 25th. I've always shown Sept to Nov est'd delivery.

I've considered changing to cash and selling my '18 Volt to a dealership with the hope of an earlier delivery, but don't like the idea of trying to make the timing work. Don't want to have to drive an ICE again.
I’ve selected cash payment and no trade-in, hasn’t helped my delivery date :(

I stayed on the phone with the gentleman to confirm he received my change request (he did) and he gave me a case number before ending the call. I may have been really close to VIN assignment since he did indicate it could take a few days for the change to take place.

I actually had a vin assigned and changed NON-P black interior pearl white 18" to NON-P WHITE interior pearl white. It's been over 7 days and my tesla homepage still reflects my old order as well as the order page. We should try and keep each other updated.

Reactions: BobCio
I actually had a vin assigned and changed NON-P black interior pearl white 18" to NON-P WHITE interior pearl white. It's been over 7 days and my tesla homepage still reflects my old order as well as the order page. We should try and keep each other updated.
I am in the same boat.

6/27 Ordered, 5:30 pm, MC red, FSD, aero.
7/19 Confirmed all details on site
7/24 7:30 am. Ordered white seats & vegan steering wheel in addition to current config.
7/27 am called Tesla. They confirmed changes are waiting to be put in system and didn't knowcwhen that would be done.

8/1 No changes on my account. Just waiting, keeping myself pre occupied with Tesla; podcasts, Teslarati, Electrek, and forums.

@osubuckeyes88 @Trail Runner
Agreed... I went into the showroom in Rocklin, CA this last Saturday, July 28, but he couldn't make the change, so he said he entered a ticket for the change. I called him back today, and got the "Case Number" and he stated "the internal case was entered today" and they are working through making the change. Not real sure I am clear on what that means... I asked when I would know that the change was completed, and he said I would get an email from Tesla and it would show up in my configuration.

I saw a post today from someone who said that their estimated delivery was moved up to Sept-Nov recently, but when he changed to white seats, it moved him back to his original estimate of Oct-Dec. I sure hope that the change doesn't impact my estimated delivery!

Also saw a couple posts where someone was scheduled to pick up their car, but it still had the black seats, even though they had an email confirming the change to white seats! Yikes!

I'll provide updates whenever I get any... please do the same.

Reactions: EVGhost3
I am in the same boat.

6/27 Ordered, 5:30 pm, MC red, FSD, aero.
7/19 Confirmed all details on site
7/24 7:30 am. Ordered white seats & vegan steering wheel in addition to current config.
7/27 am called Tesla. They confirmed changes are waiting to be put in system and didn't knowcwhen that would be done.

8/1 No changes on my account. Just waiting, keeping myself pre occupied with Tesla; podcasts, Teslarati, Electrek, and forums.

Wait. Did your edit design go away with the MC red? Did you end up getting a vin?

@osubuckeyes88 @Trail Runner
Agreed... I went into the showroom in Rocklin, CA this last Saturday, July 28, but he couldn't make the change, so he said he entered a ticket for the change. I called him back today, and got the "Case Number" and he stated "the internal case was entered today" and they are working through making the change. Not real sure I am clear on what that means... I asked when I would know that the change was completed, and he said I would get an email from Tesla and it would show up in my configuration.

I saw a post today from someone who said that their estimated delivery was moved up to Sept-Nov recently, but when he changed to white seats, it moved him back to his original estimate of Oct-Dec. I sure hope that the change doesn't impact my estimated delivery!

Also saw a couple posts where someone was scheduled to pick up their car, but it still had the black seats, even though they had an email confirming the change to white seats! Yikes!

I'll provide updates whenever I get any... please do the same.

I've heard people still having the same Sept-Nov delivery dates after changing to the white interior. Did you get locked in with a VIN?

Nope, no VIN yet, which is whey they felt it was possible to make the change and not impact delivery. But my initial order was only three weeks ago - July 13, 2018 (good Friday the 13th!), with no prior reservation or anything.

At that time, they had just reduced the estimated delivery times to LR RWD to 1-3 months, AWD and Perf AWD were estimated at 2-4 months, so we chose the AWD. Of course a few days later they offered the white seats! Now all new M3 orders are showing 2-4 months. So I'm way down on the totem poll (despite being an existing owner, as they don't prioritize current owners anymore.).

My delivery estimate did not change from sep-nov. but I have a strong feeling that we will start hearing about AWD white interior non-p vins within the next few weeks. Tesla is ramping up production and if they didn’t have the capacity and enough white seats to deliver within the estimated dates for those who configured around the same other AWD black seats orders, they would not have opened white seat configuration. Since they’re producing in batches, We all should hear something as soon as they get those on the line.

My delivery estimate did not change from sep-nov. but I have a strong feeling that we will start hearing about AWD white interior non-p vins within the next few weeks. Tesla is ramping up production and if they didn’t have the capacity and enough white seats to deliver within the estimated dates for those who configured around the same other AWD black seats orders, they would not have opened white seat configuration. Since they’re producing in batches, We all should hear something as soon as they get those on the line.

Fingers crossed that they start pumping out AWDs. Looking at Troy's spreadsheets, it definitely shows that they have not done much with AWDs yet (white or black seats).

Change still not reflected on my account, and no emails from Tesla. Now that we are in August, I'm concerned that they will make the change, and reset the 2-4 months from the date of the change, which would make my delivery window slip from Sep-Nov to Oct-Dec. Can't understand why such a simple change takes so long to make. Backlog of changes? There should be an easier / better way to do this.

Reactions: EVGhost3
This was posted in the tesla forum. Can someone confirm and verify if this vin belongs to a performance or non performance?

Vin: 5YJ3E1EB1JF055168

Used the VIN decoder and it appears to be Dual Motor-Standard?
VIN Decoder | TeslaTap

Attachments

• 94284504-C538-4191-90C5-3B50CABDA50F.jpeg
    94284504-C538-4191-90C5-3B50CABDA50F.jpeg
    920.7 KB · Views: 59