Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So suppose I have a change of heart and want to change my Model X order to a Model 3:
  1. Can you get the nonrefundable order fee applied from the Model X to the Model 3?
  2. If so, is this easy or do you have to say some magic words to the Tesla reps?

So suppose I have a change of heart and want to change my Model X order to a Model 3:
  1. Can you get the nonrefundable order fee applied from the Model X to the Model 3?
  2. If so, is this easy or do you have to say some magic words to the Tesla reps?
I would just call and ask. They might be very interested in removing you from the long X order queue.

Did they let you change models? I ordered the M3 two days ago and now wish I had ordered the MY.
Why don't you just order a Model Y and decide later which one you really want, worst case you are out $250. I ordered a Model X last June (when the base price was 89,900), I regret not ordering a Model Y at the same time, I might still decide to go that way, but I do not have a price locked down for the Model Y.

I will be trading in my 2018 X, and every month I update the mileage, steadily increasing, Tesla keeps increasing the trade-in value on my 2018! The market for used Model X must be nuts!

Why don't you just order a Model Y and decide later which one you really want, worst case you are out $250. I ordered a Model X last June (when the base price was 89,900), I regret not ordering a Model Y at the same time, I might still decide to go that way, but I do not have a price locked down for the Model Y.

I will be trading in my 2018 X, and every month I update the mileage, steadily increasing, Tesla keeps increasing the trade-in value on my 2018! The market for used Model X must be nuts!
I ended up canceling the Model 3 order and submitting a Model Y order. It hurt to lose the $250 but I feel much better.