Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MXLR or inventory MXP with repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 6 seat Model X Long Range on order for over a month now (still no VIN). The SC mentioned today that they have a new Model X Plaid for around $4000 Canadian more than mine, however it is a 2023 model and has $1200 in repairs which they say is for “rock chips in the passenger front door”. It’s been sitting in their lot for a while, possibly show room?

Would you hold for the 2024 MX LR or take this inventory Plaid? Speed isn’t something I care too much about, so that’s not a huge factor for me. However, the plaid should hold its value better but would it being a 2023 offset that too?

Last edited:
what I’m saying is I would buy a demo or a showroom car or a near new used car if I can verify the so called repair is indistinguishable from new. Whether it’s an actual demo not being relevant, more like the warranty and state of the car. A repainted door can be inspected for color match and if that’s all and good then the car is almost as good as brand new

I have a 6 seat Model X Long Range on order for over a month now (still no VIN). The SC mentioned today that they have a new Model X Plaid for around $4000 Canadian more than mine, however it is a 2023 model and has $1200 in repairs which they say is for “rock chips in the passenger front door”. It’s been sitting in their lot for a while, possibly show room?

Would you hold for the 2024 MX LR or take this inventory Plaid? Speed isn’t something I care too much about, so that’s not a huge factor for me. However, the plaid should hold its value better but would it being a 2023 offset that too?
Already a year of depreciation and they have not held any value so far. Also camber from factory tends to shred inside tires, so if you don’t care about speed LR 3.8 to 60 should do fine ;)