Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing the OEM sound system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear all, I am the newbie here and would like to ask if some of you have change the audio system of the car. The stock 7-speakers setup is really poor that the cost of front 6' speaker cost about 50HKD each only.

I would like to change some of the speakers and add a sub woofer and amp to the car so i went to Monkok, but those shops are unfamiliar with this electric car. Does anyone know technician doing this and which brand of the sound system do you use? How is it? Thanks tons!

I’ve only heard the basic system and it sounded fine. I can only guess that some need really loud base for music to sound good. I’ve replace many of my cars speakers that were paper one ways and when you replace them with a little nicer poly two way I can hear the difference but the Tesla’s have 6 or 12 speakers, it’s crazy that many think it sounds so bad. Most complain about the lack base, if that is the case save some money and your hearing (tinnitus is real people) and get some of those base kicker things attached to you seats. :)

Avoid MK shops. They are horrible.

There is some discussion about an upgrade kit from Light Harmonic. You can find the thread on this forum.

Currently they just started shipping out their upgrade system, so you should read the thread and follow it for any reviews.

If I was really desperate to start the upgrade, I would use a place I p called previously found Massway. Call them on 27662939
They helped me fix up the poor quality work that the MK guys did.