Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge By Solar Not Showing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that it takes about 1 day before the Charge on Solar option appears on the app. My Model Y already updated to 2023.26.1 back on 7/21. My Powerwall was updated to 23.12.10 last night. Then I updated my Android app to 4.23.2-1815 right after but no Charge on Solar option. Check my app again this morning still no avail. Just now I checked it again and there it is.
Yes, same scenario for me. I was able to update the Model Y to 23.26.7 yesterday and the charge on solar options didn't appear until today. Seems to be working now, just wish I could set the priority to charge powerwall first before charging the car on solar. I set the powerwall to 100% to force the system to charge powerwall first. With that said, I just set powerwall to 20% and now it is partially charging model y on solar and majority of solar power going to powerwall which is ok too as long as powerwall fully charges by peak. I'm on time of use settings.

Attachments

• IMG_0749.PNG
    IMG_0749.PNG
    681 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: Koolio46
Yes, same scenario for me. I was able to update the Model Y to 23.26.7 yesterday and the charge on solar options didn't appear until today. Seems to be working now, just wish I could set the priority to charge powerwall first before charging the car on solar. I set the powerwall to 100% to force the system to charge powerwall first. With that said, I just set powerwall to 20% and now it is partially charging model y on solar and majority of solar power going to powerwall which is ok too as long as powerwall fully charges by peak. I'm on time of use settings.

That's interesting. Mine does charge the powerwall first and then uses Charge by Solar after the powerwall is full. It has some message about prioritizing the powerwall in the app when it does that.

I did notice in your setup you seem to have two powerwalls where I only have one. I wonder if that affects how it all works?

That's interesting. Mine does charge the powerwall first and then uses Charge by Solar after the powerwall is full. It has some message about prioritizing the powerwall in the app when it does that.

I did notice in your setup you seem to have two powerwalls where I only have one. I wonder if that affects how it all works?

Strange, mine still wants to use excess solar to charge the car first as priority over charging powerwall. I noticed earlier it was partially charging the car because I accidently set the model y charge limit to 9amps instead of max charge limit.

I sure do not seem to be seeing that option

I now have CoS on my 3 and Y as of today. I can configure it in the Android app but both cars charged to the upper limit this evening from grid. Neither in car charge screen indicates the CoS settings so perhaps I need to wait another day before it's fully active.

I have received two types of messages indicating powerwall priority…

I’m also using ChargeHQ now too, so unsure if that’s what is prioritizing the PW. But clearly that wouldn’t create either of the messages below.

For those people just getting the FW on their cars, it seems you need to wait ~24hrs after the install for it to appear in the app. It seems to do something with a “key” and then you confirm your home address and there appears to be a handshake with the powerwall.

Lastly, it appears the settings for CoS moved into the … menu. Only when I click that can I now set the CoS limits.

Hoping they add support for multiple cars soon!

IMG_6683.jpeg

IMG_6684.jpeg

IMG_6592.jpeg

IMG_6594.jpeg

Reactions: Koolio46 and Jones1

I’m also using ChargeHQ now too, so unsure if that’s what is prioritizing the PW. But clearly that wouldn’t create either of the messages below.

For those people just getting the FW on their cars, it seems you need to wait ~24hrs after the install for it to appear in the app. It seems to do something with a “key” and then you confirm your home address and there appears to be a handshake with the powerwall.

Lastly, it appears the settings for CoS moved into the … menu. Only when I click that can I now set the CoS limits.

View attachment 963428

View attachment 963429

View attachment 963425
I have the first two screens in my app for both cars but only the traditional single limit shows on charge screen. The option appeared for each car about an hour after the FW upgrade and in both cases it did the pairing thing to the powerwall and something with the car keys. My powerwall energy graph now includes a car section but it shows zero for the charging it did.

I sure do not seem to be seeing that option

Attached is what i'm seeing right now in the app. I haven't messed with any settings, other than setting the charge with solar to 80% and the charge from any source to 70%.

I believe this is what you're wanting it to do. If i'm confused though, let me know.

One other thing to call out, i did notice that the individuals who seem to be having the issue have multiple powerwalls, where i only have one. Also, my Powerwall is on version 23.12.11. None of this worked until it updated from 23.12.10 to 23.12.11.

Attachments

• IMG_0665.png
    IMG_0665.png
    697.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0664.png
    IMG_0664.png
    407 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Jones1

View attachment 963428

View attachment 963429

View attachment 963425
View attachment 963426
Just on the phone with tesla PW support and she told me she has never heard let alone seen an option for the powerwall setting before car charge.
Does anyone else have the option, and how did you get to show?

Rebooted my model 3 computer (again) and now have both sliders in the charge screen in the phone app (for only the model 3). So apparently after the firmware updates, you need to wait for CoS to appear in the phone app and then reboot the car computer to get everything enabled.