Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Limit Ignored

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently, I've noticed that my Model S is ignoring the charge limit that I have set. Each morning I find the car charged well beyond the 85% limit that I have set.

I do have "scheduled departure" enabled and I'm wondering if this is possibly the culprit. The scheduled departure time is much earlier than I have actually been leaving the house. Possibly there's a bug that fails to stop charging in this case?

Has anyone else noticed similar behavior?

-Pete

2017 - Model S 75D w/2020.4.1.4a4ad401858f

Same here but the other way round: it never reaches the limit set :eek:
At first it missed like 10% (80 instead of 90), so I could live with it, but once it barely charged to 70%.
As many people also report if work great, I guess there is something specific in my car that is not handled correctly, and there is hope for a solution.
I documented it (screenshots day before and next morning) and sent all to Tesla, so I'm patiently waiting for that one future update that will fix it.:)

It has to be a bug. I noticed my 100% charge limit being ignored and would not stop charging. Once it hit 100% it slows down to about 5amp an hour

The battery can't be charged more than 100%. When the car switches from 99 to 100% the true percentage is actually 99.5%. It i just rounded up. The car will continue very slowly until you have true 100% and then shut off. Same any other specific value. Say you set it to 88% the car will shut off at exactly at 88.0% but the display will show 88% when it is actually 87.5%.