Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port and contactors cycling...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aerodyne

2 of 3 EV's - Defect Free!
Nov 19, 2018
Los Angeles
I have about 1kw a day vampire drain. I can see via Teslafi when charges start and stop. When I am near the car (locked, key fob in metal can behind wall 10 feet away). I notice the green charge port light cycles on, and sometimes hear the contactors engaged. Is this common?

I have about 1kw a day vampire drain. I can see via Teslafi when charges start and stop. When I am near the car (locked, key fob in metal can behind wall 10 feet away). I notice the green charge port light cycles on, and sometimes hear the contactors engaged. Is this common?
My 2014 s60 seems to have similar things going on. Happens usually about 1 time a hour, but I don’t have any 3rd party apps connected to my car.
The excessive vampire drain is most likely from teslafi pinging the vehicle.

At that rate, your 12v battery is dying. Basic trouble shooting rules apply. Disable Teslafi and see what happens. Measure your 12v system and watch it cycle.

In the beginning Teslafi had a hard time putting the car asleep and so it consumed 3x the vampire drain (for me). I disabled it cuz it didn't give me the value. So maybe that's changed but start there (disable Teslafi).