Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port difference.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I tried researching with little luck about the difference in model numbers of the charge ports on early model s cars.
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between 1005612-00-k and 1005612-00-g?
I have to replace mine and I have the k model but can only find a g model for sale. Will this be able to work? Thank you all in advance and apologize for my subpar google-fu.

The letters are minor part revisions. It's possible the only difference is some minor enhancement to an internal component for longevity or something. Different revs of the same part number are generally considered compatible with each other - an incompatible part would usually get a totally different part number. In any case you'll need a way to redeploy firmware once you replace it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful with your specific example. If I was a betting man, I'd say the "g" revision would probably work fine, but couldn't guarantee it.

Reactions: KyleDay
Upvote 0
Hello everyone, I tried researching with little luck about the difference in model numbers of the charge ports on early model s cars.
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between 1005612-00-k and 1005612-00-g?
I have to replace mine and I have the k model but can only find a g model for sale. Will this be able to work? Thank you all in advance and apologize for my subpar google-fu.
I’d ask what year car you have? Do you have a motorized door or just magnet door?

Upvote 0
It might have something to do with the changes they made to the black insulators that were breaking off and getting stuck in the charging handles. One of mine in our M3 broke off and I couldn't use the hpwc to charge the MS. When the ranger came out he was able to remove the broken bit from the hpwc and replaced the part, he said the newer charge ports are all one piece vs The older ones that have replaceable components?

• Helpful
Reactions: dark cloud
Upvote 0