Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port door not opening with UMC handle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys
Title pretty much says it all
I don't why but my charge port door won't open anymore when I press the button on my umc handle.
Any thoughts? Didn't find similar threads so bare with me if its been discussed before :S

I know I should probably call Tesla but I'm kind of hoping there's an easy solution. Maybe it's just me.

Thanks ! :)

Try it from the charging app in the car and see if it works. Also can try from the app. I've heard some people have had better luck if the umc handle is near the rear window when you press. Don't try to pry the door open though.

Could be a problem with the latch which is a quick SvC fix.

Thanks for replying
Actually I can easily open my charging port using the car or the app. It just won't work with the handle anymore. So when I get home I need to open it from the car instead of using the umc handle

The car and the app do it direct so to narrow the problem hold down the trunk button on the fob since it sends the signal in the same way as the handle to the UMC. That will narrow the problem since if that works to open it, then the likely problem is with your UMC. If that does not work, then the car likely has a problem receiving the signal. My bet is with the UMC being the problem.

The car and the app do it direct so to narrow the problem hold down the trunk button on the fob since it sends the signal in the same way as the handle to the UMC. That will narrow the problem since if that works to open it, then the likely problem is with your UMC. If that does not work, then the car likely has a problem receiving the signal. My bet is with the UMC being the problem.
It works with the fob so it's probably the umc
:(((
Guess I'm gonna have to call Tesla

I don't think the fob opens the charge port door by the same mechanism as the UMC.

The same RF signal is sent to the car by the fob and the UMC, when the UMC is not connected. When the UMC is connected, 1772 signaling on the pilot line is what tells the car to stop charging and release the charging connector.

To see if it is the UMC or the car, try another UMC or go to a supercharger and try it there.

No need. It's the UMC. But if you want to experiment, you will find that another UMC, HPWC, or Supercharger will open it, since your fob does.