Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S charge port doesn't open with button on wall/mobile charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What part did they replace? I notice if I'm literally touching the chargeport door with the handle it will work

• Helpful
Reactions: Blue Stuff
Found this thread after this issue annoyed the crap out of me on my new S (delivered September 2023). Took it into service 3 times with varying levels of attention to the issue (1st one they said they can’t replicate. 2nd one they replace the charge port door). On the 3rd visit, the got engineering to look into the issue and Cited that this is a known issue and expected to be fixed in 2023.38 or 2023.44 firmware update.
Confirming - same issue with my new Model S delivered on Sept 1, 2023. Initial fix was replacing 12v battery...not sure if they even tested in the service area since it didn't work once I got home. Return trip today - a knowledgeable rep told me it was an issue with the revised location of the door sensor (continuous improvement?) that would be corrected with an update. Hopefully Tesla will address this quickly. They've apparently known about this for months!

Hoping, too, that they get their act together to allow for "Summon" on my new car that worked perfectly on my 2015, 2018 and 2020 versions of my Model S's! Supposedly, with no sensors around the car they are planing to train the car using cameras only! I just want to back my car out of the garage using my app like I was accustomed doing for almost a decade!

Confirming - same issue with my new Model S delivered on Sept 1, 2023. Initial fix was replacing 12v battery...not sure if they even tested in the service area since it didn't work once I got home. Return trip today - a knowledgeable rep told me it was an issue with the revised location of the door sensor (continuous improvement?) that would be corrected with an update. Hopefully Tesla will address this quickly. They've apparently known about this for months!

Hoping, too, that they get their act together to allow for "Summon" on my new car that worked perfectly on my 2015, 2018 and 2020 versions of my Model S's! Supposedly, with no sensors around the car they are planing to train the car using cameras only! I just want to back my car out of the garage using my app like I was accustomed doing for almost a decade!
No offense to anyone, but… bollocks. It needs a new piece of hardware installed to fix. See two posts up.

Agree with WilliamG above. Software updates didn’t do anything. Ended up making another appointment (this time with Long Beach service center since Torrance is terrible in actually fixing things). They replaced the Bluetooth/UHF module and it’s been working great for almost a month now

Reactions: DerbyDave