Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port door stuck, service center cancelling appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My charge port door sometimes get stuck when opening and I have it documented on video. However my service center cancelled my service appointment because they don't see the issue remotely from the logs. I just think it's ridiculous that they can just deny any warranty issue if their remote diagnosis is not able to see the issue. I even provided the video to them and they just said during the timestamp provided they don't see any issue on their end remotely. Obviously there's limitations to remote diagnosis and logs but they either seem to blindly trust it completely or just using it as an excuse to deny warranty claims.

Have you tried resetting the software? Seems everything ties into the software.

I am no expert:

close doors, and power off the car, wait 2 minutes and then open the door, the screen will come back
then hold down the 2 toggle wheels on the steering wheel until the screen turns black and then release
Screen will reappear. Perhaps this will solve the problem.

Reactions: Sandollars
My charge port door sometimes get stuck when opening and I have it documented on video. However my service center cancelled my service appointment because they don't see the issue remotely from the logs. I just think it's ridiculous that they can just deny any warranty issue if their remote diagnosis is not able to see the issue. I even provided the video to them and they just said during the timestamp provided they don't see any issue on their end remotely. Obviously there's limitations to remote diagnosis and logs but they either seem to blindly trust it completely or just using it as an excuse to deny warranty claims.
Do you have a 2017-2019 ~VIN under 120,000? If so there is a known issue with the motor that has a small part that wears out. In the Midwest with rain, snow and ice, most people have had it fixed by the mobile ranger. It takes 5-10 minutes to swap out.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and David3
Do you have a 2017-2019 ~VIN under 120,000? If so there is a known issue with the motor that has a small part that wears out. In the Midwest with rain, snow and ice, most people have had it fixed by the mobile ranger. It takes 5-10 minutes to swap out.
Mine's a recent 2021 build so maybe it's a different issue. When the mobile ranger was here to install the HomeLink he did mention that's a possibility but he did not have the part available with him and told me to schedule another mobile service appointment. I took his advice and tried to schedule another appointment but it got cancelled because they don't see the issue through remote diagnosis..