Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Port Lock - behavior on X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have had a new '18 MX for 3 weeks. Moved from a BMW X540e, so I'm use to charging. I have L2 Charepoint Home Chargers. On my X, when I go to the car in the morning, the X sees me (door presents), but the port does not unlock to allow me to remove my 1772 adapter from the port. I have to unlock the port on my phone or on the screen. Is this normal? I thought it was, but my X is in for repairs, and the MS they gave me doesn't work this way. On the S, when it detects my key, the handles present and at the same time the port unlocks.

I have asked the SC and they have no idea what I'm talking about. They keep saying "just hit the button", which isn't very helpful on a 1772 charger that doesn't have a Tesla button. I suppose the easy answer is to replace with a HPWC, but since I have 3 Chargepoints, it seems a little expensive.

Can any one tell me here if their X unlocks automatically when the doors unlock?

Not talking about the door - just the locking of the port itself.

Thanks

I have a HPWC. When I walk to my MX with the keyfob, it unlocks the doors and the charge port. I can then press the button on the HPWC handle to disengage and remove it.

When you walk to the charge port, does the light around the charge port turn on? If so, what color is it?

I have a HPWC. When I walk to my MX with the keyfob, it unlocks the doors and the charge port. I can then press the button on the HPWC handle to disengage and remove it.

When you walk to the charge port, does the light around the charge port turn on? If so, what color is it?

Hmm. Haven't looked at the light. SC has the X so I won't know until they give it back.