Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge schedule

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am brand new to tesla and charging
I had a tesla level 2 charger installed in my garage and I would like to set a schedule to charge on weekends and not just weekdays as I am retired but my wife still works on the weekends only but she is off during the week so we drive little during the week and for me off peak rates are not only 11p to 7a on weekdays but also both all hours on Saturday and Sunday are off peak rates also. The app only has a all week or weekday option but not specific days am I not looking in the right spot or is that just the way it is. So im not sure if I should just leave the schedule option on my iPhone turned off and just plug it in or other also do I always to select start charging from my iPhone to start charging.
I have a 2023 model y long range

I had a tesla level 2 charger installed in my garage and I would like to set a schedule to charge on weekends and not just weekdays as I am retired but my wife still works on the weekends only but she is off during the week so we drive little during the week and for me off peak rates are not only 11p to 7a on weekdays but also both all hours on Saturday and Sunday are off peak rates also. The app only has a all week or weekday option but not specific days am I not looking in the right spot or is that just the way it is. So im not sure if I should just leave the schedule option on my iPhone turned off and just plug it in or other also do I always to select start charging from my iPhone to start charging.
Read this a couple times thinking I was missing something. You didn’t say how many miles you drive daily or how many volts/amps your charger uses. Making some assumptions…

Charge all week during off peak. Charge nightly starting at 1:00am or so.​
Just my preference, but I like to charge when there is minimal electrical demands from the house.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0
I think that you are making this too complicated. Set the schedule to begin at 11PM or midnight and only plug in the charger to your Tesla on the days that you want it to charge. I plug mine in every day and it begins charging to 85% every midnight.

Upvote 0
Or…if you add the wall connector to your app you can set the allowed charging window, beginning and end times, in the connector. You then do use any settings in the car or app. You then just plug in the car and not worry about it as it will only charge in the allowable window.

Upvote 0
I think that you are making this too complicated. Set the schedule to begin at 11PM or midnight and only plug in the charger to your Tesla on the days that you want it to charge. I plug mine in every day and it begins charging to 85% every midnight.
Youre right I probably am making this too difficult I will do what you suggested, thanks for the reply.

Reactions: howardnj
Upvote 0

It's just the way it is. Tesla's scheduling is limited compared to some other EVs.

My Kona EV is similarly limited, with a single scheduling period. I just override the schedule if I need to charge at other times.

So I suggest setting it to every day and then overriding it if that's insufficient.

Upvote 0