Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That doesn't sound quick to build or implement. I hope they have already built out the website- if not I can see this taking months to implement.

Incentive CalculationDetermining Factor
$25 per all-electric mile, maximum of $5,000Eligible Electric Vehicle, MSRP up to $45,000
$25 per all-electric mile, maximum of $2,000Eligible Electric Vehicle, MSRP between $45,000 and $55,000

I know this is the MY forum, but based on program terms there is no way I'm getting a MY and missing on potential $3k in savings. I will get a M3 when the time comes.
Is that a guess or that is the incentive?

Look at page 30 of the budget document that was approved:
C. Based on stakeholder feedback, the filing clarified that Vehicles ordered in advance of Phase Two, Point-of-Sale Program, launch will not be eligible for an incentive.

Or, look at page 157 of the budget document that was approved

3.Acknowledge that the entirety of the purchase or lease for an eligible vehicle must occur on or after the official launch of Phase Two, the Point-of -Sale Program, and in the State of New Jersey at a participating dealership or showroom.
a.Vehicles ordered in advance of the launch of Phase Two, Point-of -Sale Program will not be eligible for an incentive.

or, look at page 158 of the budget document that was approved
Ineligible vehicles under the Program include:
•Aftermarket plug-in hybrid EVs;
•EV conversions;
•Electric scooters;
•Electric all-terrain vehicles;
•Neighborhood or low speed EVs;
•Electric motorcycles, as well as other two or three wheeled EVs;
•Pre-owned plug-in EVs;
•Any vehicles purchased or leased outside the State of New Jersey;
•Any vehicles purchased, ordered, or leased prior to the launch of Year Two; and
•Any vehicle purchased, ordered, or leased after the FY22 funds have been exhausted.
My reply to this was the webinar presentation that NJ charge-up provided 2 weeks ago.

I cant load the screenshot but it was posted a few pages back with a specific page the dealership portal can access to enter the point of sale rebate. The screenshot of the portal page states “Please refer to the purchase or lease agreement for this information. For Tesla vehicles and other vehicles ordered without standard purchase/lease agreements, the date of first registration is considered the date of purchase or lease.”

With that said, I’m betting that the day we sign the financial documents is the day it’s considered ordered.

Reactions: EdisonFire
My reply to this was the webinar presentation that NJ charge-up provided 2 weeks ago.

I cant load the screenshot but it was posted a few pages back with a specific page the dealership portal can access to enter the point of sale rebate. The screenshot of the portal page states “Please refer to the purchase or lease agreement for this information. For Tesla vehicles and other vehicles ordered without standard purchase/lease agreements, the date of first registration is considered the date of purchase or lease.”

With that said, I’m betting that the day we sign the financial documents is the day it’s considered ordered.
That was the verbiage for Phase 1 found on the current website:
For Tesla and other manufacturers without a standard purchase or lease contract, the 'accepted by customer' date or the 'order date' of the vehicle will be considered the date of purchase or lease. If the Retail Installment Sales Contract (RISC) lists a date after 12/15/20, then we will require a vehicle configuration page as supplemental documentation.

They have changed it for Phase 2 to exclude orders before the start of phase 2

They were very flexible for phase 1. Ran for long time and gave 5k cash and still giving them from fy22 budget. But phase 2 is pure Tesla discrimination with order date and 2k soft cap.
It’s not discriminatory against Tesla. It’s any ev over $45k. That’s a lot of them. I guess they figured people can get the base model with a check from Uncle Sam but if you can afford more you’ll pay it anyway and leave more money for those who need it.

Reactions: mc02
My point is, in phase 1 they used order date so people who ordered and didn't get the vehicle can get the rebate. In phase 2 there are many who postponed so that they can get the rebate but they now want to use order date to restrict. The rules can be changed but not one week before implementing.

Found an electric car that will meet the NJ Charge Up limits for $5K credit, and being from an Italian sports car manufacturer, will give the Plaid a run for its money. Photographed in Oslo
Iphone 6 april 17 2015 319.JPG
Iphone 6 april 17 2015 321.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: Mixman and AmunRa51
Found an electric car that will meet the NJ Charge Up limits for $5K credit, and being from an Italian sports car manufacturer, will give the Plaid a run for its money. Photographed in OsloView attachment 680676View attachment 680677
Very cool pic. I can't believe that Ferrari would put their name on that auto.
Recall the history of Ford vs. Ferrari in the 1960's with Ken Miles. Great stuff.
:)

I mean… they specified to dealerships that Tesla’s will go by registration date… meaning the day we receive the car. They have also specified that Tesla will have to pay for the 5k incentive out of their own pocket at first, but then the program will repay the dealership. There is a video somewhere on the internet that they say all this, it’s a video for dealerships on how to enroll and how to get the incentive. I recommend ordering the car. If anything you can cancel and loose a 100 bucks no big deal. Sometimes the reps even let you keep the 100 bucks and just change your order date but you will wait longer ofc. Really no risk to order now.

I mean… they specified to dealerships that Tesla’s will go by registration date… meaning the day we receive the car. They have also specified that Tesla will have to pay for the 5k incentive out of their own pocket at first, but then the program will repay the dealership. There is a video somewhere on the internet that they say all this, it’s a video for dealerships on how to enroll and how to get the incentive. I recommend ordering the car. If anything you can cancel and loose a 100 bucks no big deal. Sometimes the reps even let you keep the 100 bucks and just change your order date but you will wait longer ofc. Really no risk to order now.
@ItsMatrix: Do you have a link to this video?