Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order is on delivery hold until 7/5. I used to see blue bar saying 'I am Ready' to remove deliver hold but don't see it now. I don't have no delivery info for order so it's still on delivery hold for sure. I tried clearing cache but no help. Has this happened to anyone? Thanks

Hello,

We are unable to provide an exact date of release, except to say that it will be in the summer of 2021. Please note that vehicles ordered, purchased, or lease prior to the official launch date will not be eligible for the incentive.

Charge Up New Jersey Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

Office: (877) 426-2474
[email protected]
chargeup.njcleanenergy.com

Every day that passes makes my decision to pass on the rebate look better. State is a joke.

I was really hoping that the state would provide some kind of buffer on the order date since we're now at July 3 and "summer of 2021" is too vague at this point and really unfair. For example the rebate comes available Aug 1 and they say a buffer of 2 weeks prior or something like that is still eligible.

Well in any case, I can't even order yet - I signed up to receive test drive availability and the Tesla SA said all the Model Y's including the demos have been spoken for and I have to wait mid-July for more to come in.

It's going to a be a very big juggling act when it comes time to place an order to coincide with the rebate eligibility.

Anyone know if the MSRP cutoff is for BASE MSRP before Destination charge of $1k or with it?

The MSRP cap will include all line items on the purchase or lease agreement which relate to the value of the vehicle itself (including but not limited to battery upgrades, autonomous upgrades, wheel and tire packages, audio, and infotainment system). The MSRP cap will not include maintenance or vehicle care packages, additional vehicle accessories (i.e. first aid kits, floor mats, cargo nets, etc.), destination and delivery charges, tax, registration fees, title fees, and documentation fees since these line items do not relate to the value of the vehicle itself, but rather to the logistics, care, and maintenance of the vehicle.

I wonder if the simple answer is that prior to budget approval, Charge Up NJ was unable to coordinate with their web designer or the EV OEMs to lay the prep work to be ready to launch. For all we know POS rebate won’t be ready until September.

I wonder if the simple answer is that prior to budget approval, Charge Up NJ was unable to coordinate with their web designer or the EV OEMs to lay the prep work to be ready to launch. For all we know POS rebate won’t be ready until September
Well if they have chosen there words carefully they wouldn't say Summer 2021 if they were not expecting to start it sooner than September, having said that clearly there unwillingness to commit to even a start date is extremely frustrating. There is a Dealer registration tab on website since mid of June and Dealers could have registered themselves. given acute shortage of all kind of vehicles i don't think Dealers are in dire need of sales incentive. they might be dragging there feet on finishing the registration process. Say if 50% of NJ Dealers are registered and other 50% are not registered and they start the incentives then Tesla buyers will be biggest beneficiary of program. there is nothing wrong with that however in there presentations they have singled out Tesla several times and they are not too keen on giving incentives to tesla buyers. is it discriminatory you bet it is can we prove it no. Tesla buyers are at the mercy of when other Dealers finish the enrollment. Also they mentioned that Dealers can register at least 3 weeks before start dat if we extrapolate that then earliest start date would be July 7th and latest start dat would be August 20 (end of summer I believe).

Well if they have chosen there words carefully they wouldn't say Summer 2021 if they were not expecting to start it sooner than September, having said that clearly there unwillingness to commit to even a start date is extremely frustrating. There is a Dealer registration tab on website since mid of June and Dealers could have registered themselves. given acute shortage of all kind of vehicles i don't think Dealers are in dire need of sales incentive. they might be dragging there feet on finishing the registration process. Say if 50% of NJ Dealers are registered and other 50% are not registered and they start the incentives then Tesla buyers will be biggest beneficiary of program. there is nothing wrong with that however in there presentations they have singled out Tesla several times and they are not too keen on giving incentives to tesla buyers. is it discriminatory you bet it is can we prove it no. Tesla buyers are at the mercy of when other Dealers finish the enrollment. Also they mentioned that Dealers can register at least 3 weeks before start dat if we extrapolate that then earliest start date would be July 7th and latest start dat would be August 20 (end of summer I believe).
Do you have examples of the BPU calling out Tesla and their buyers specifically pointing to some sort of bias? Sounds off base.

at 16:19, the host mentioned the enrollment starts 3 weeks prior to the launch date. btw, the last day of Summer is 9/22 lol

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mc02
So this seems clarifying but there's still some room for interpretation, at least from where I'm sitting.

1625582537004.png

I'm not sure why there's verbiage mentioning "ordered, purchased, or leased" in relation to elegibility while then stating the Transaction Date (the date that the vehicle is delivered and the contract is fully executed) is the only thing that matters. On top of that, there are lots of mentions of the incentive effective date, but I can't find a single hard pointer to what that date actually is.

Do you have examples of the BPU calling out Tesla and their buyers specifically pointing to some sort of bias? Sounds off base.
check out the video shared above you will notice comments about 83% of incentives goes to tesla (I have no issues with that). Also notice pricing structure model Y is not getting full incentive. . Vehicle order date is a consideration now there are many clues if you know how to read between the lines, shades of gray.

website doesn't mentioned start date yet right? or I missed it.

check out the video shared above you will notice comments about 83% of incentives goes to tesla (I have no issues with that). Also notice pricing structure model Y is not getting full incentive. . Vehicle order date is a consideration now there are many clues if you know how to read between the lines, shades of gray.

website doesn't mentioned start date yet right? or I missed it.
No mention on the start date anywhere, I emailed them for clarification.

The below screenshot from the terms does look pretty bad for anyone who ordered in advance:
1625583706170.png

BUT, nowhere in the required documentation for the dealer applications does it say the order agreement has to be included. I'm not really sure how they would vet that requirement, unless the purchase agreement with Tesla explicitly states the original order date as well. It almost seems like scout's honor going by the fact that you're signing and agreeing to the terms, but maybe someone who's been through the purchase process can clarify there.