Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargenet price changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$0.80 per kwh on 75kw or lower
$0.85 per kwh on 76kw or higher

$1 min idle fees

Stars end of November.

Going to be $55 to fill up my model 3 at a hypercharger.
That brings it almost same as supercharger...

Maybe once 40% population moves to EV, having a petrol car will be cost efficient... because companies will charge extortion amounts for renewable energy 🙃🙄

Planet is already doomed, we are simply changing way to poison it to keep economic outlook good today.

It does if you use chargenet a lot guessing the home rate isnt 85c!
Genesis don't make it particularly easy to see their EV plan rates sadly. But I think for us it'd be $2.57/day, 25c/kwh day and 9.5c/kwh night. So yes if you use chargenet much it could be well worth it. But those rates are a bit higher than meridian EV (for us) and so it very much depends on how often you use chargenet.

• Informative
Reactions: Ecoli and Audietron
Genesis don't make it particularly easy to see their EV plan rates sadly. But I think for us it'd be $2.57/day, 25c/kwh day and 9.5c/kwh night. So yes if you use chargenet much it could be well worth it. But those rates are a bit higher than meridian EV (for us) and so it very much depends on how often you use chargenet.
At Tauranga today...
Last time i used paid ChargeNet and free farmers high speed charger.
This time Tauranga council parking, comes with free charging... Auckland got few of these, more required.

Just noticed consumer NZ behind unreasonable price increases...

Energy prices rising despite retailers' huge profits

• Informative
Reactions: Ecoli
I used the Rolleston one back when it opened in June or sometime around then. Works as expected, although due to the specs of the charger, even though it's rated up to 185kW, a Tesla will only ever be able to charge at around 80kW. To get the full 185kW you need a car with a 900v pack at 200a, whereas a Tesla only has a 400v(ish) pack.

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron
I used the Rolleston one back when it opened in June or sometime around then. Works as expected, although due to the specs of the charger, even though it's rated up to 185kW, a Tesla will only ever be able to charge at around 80kW. To get the full 185kW you need a car with a 900v pack at 200a, whereas a Tesla only has a 400v(ish) pack.
Luckily I am at client site and car parked 3-5 hours at a times... so speed is less of concern as long as car fully charged for return trip.

Supercharger pricing has actually changed a bit lately - some down, some up.

Mangaweka - was 81c/kWh (August), now 69c/kWh (September)
Taupo - was 72c/kWh (August), now 70c/kWh (September)
Johnsonville - was 55c/kWh (August), now 69c/kWh (September)
That's good to know... I wish, similar to chargenet, when you choose supercharger location, they show pricing at the time before navigating there.

Supercharger pricing has actually changed a bit lately - some down, some up.

Interesting the variation in NZ.

In Aus Tesla has been nationwide consistent +/- 1/2c but with no obvious rationale.
Australia has had two price rises in 2022 and is now at A$0.68-0.69/kWh (let's call it NZ$0.75).

Whereas in the US Tesla varies by state (in some states due to laws they have to charge by minute, with four tiers depending on speed).. and things can vary substantially within states too.
Some chargers also have peak and off-peak period

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron