Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger converter/adaptor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up my new MYP next week. Will it come with the adaptor so I can charge using a standard EV charger such as chargepoint? Ordered in early Feburary.

I see a adaptor on Tesla's site called "SAE J1772 Charging Adapter". Does this come with the car or do I need to buy it?

Capture_adaptor.JPG

Can someone please tell me where this adapter is located in the new Model Y? I picked up my MYLR last week and have not seen it anywhere in the car as of yet.
Usually in the sub trunk in the rear. The adapter comes in a small box. Also, check the glove box and the center console for the J1772 adapter.

If after searching the vehicle you determine that you did not receive the J1772 adapter you can open a service request via the Tesla app. Tesla Mobile Service may be able to drop off the missing adapter.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Usually in the sub trunk in the rear. The adapter comes in a small box. Also, check the glove box and the center console for the J1772 adapter.

If after searching the vehicle you determine that you did not receive the J1772 adapter you can open a service request via the Tesla app. Tesla Mobile Service may be able to drop off the missing adapter.
Thanks so much. I did look in the sub trunk as well as glove box and center console and no luck, so I drove to the Tesla dealership and they said it was likely forgotten and gave me an adapter kit (which looks like it has the mobile connector in it as well).

Reactions: E90alex
Thanks so much. I did look in the sub trunk as well as glove box and center console and no luck, so I drove to the Tesla dealership and they said it was likely forgotten and gave me an adapter kit (which looks like it has the mobile connector in it as well).
Great. If Tesla gave you the Mobile Connector kit did the kit come with the NEMA 5-15 and the NEMA 14-50 power plug adapters?