Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger door alignment - anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will claim within spec, just gotta keep raising the issue. The Tesla owners body shop here in Vegas gave me the same story. I was told by a little birdie to schedule a Mobile Repair so I did. A whole new part is on order for the repair. I’m told that the mobile techs have “mad skillz”.

CHARGE PORT DOOR, MY, NA
Part #: 1505513-00-A

Reactions: lcedWa
Tesla will claim within spec, just gotta keep raising the issue. The Tesla owners body shop here in Vegas gave me the same story. I was told by a little birdie to schedule a Mobile Repair so I did. A whole new part is on order for the repair. I’m told that the mobile techs have “mad skillz”.

CHARGE PORT DOOR, MY, NA

I would think they would need more than "mad skills." Maybe more like mad power? I wouldn't think Tesla would allow me to make a service request for something they already said was "within specs" at the service center.

C95D6AAB-9791-4895-812C-A8438EE2153D.jpeg
These were automatically on my estimate (free) for when my car is in service right now. Picking up in an hour and I’ll report back on what they did.

CHARGE PORT DOOR, MY, NA
At least here in FL the mobile techs not only come from luxury brand repair shops with years of experience, most went to the actual factory training back when tesla did them, now online, so they had much more hands on training. This is why at least here, my rangers are excellent.

Reactions: Matsayz
At least here in FL the mobile techs not only come from luxury brand repair shops with years of experience, most went to the actual factory training back when tesla did them, now online, so they had much more hands on training. This is why at least here, my rangers are excellent.

No luck. Service center says this is what the company has told them (can't) do.

I don't know who's Model Y this white one is going to, but after my Y test drive this week, I looked over the exterior fit and finish and saw this charging door was almost perfect:

IMG_20200622_120008.jpg
IMG_20200622_120001.jpg

The lift gate alignment is obviously needing some love. However, this goes to show that Tesla can install/align the charging door properly, so whatever their "in spec" BS is, I feel that's just laziness and wanting to complete the sale and minimize marginally legitimate "rectifications"

I dropped off my Y this morning and the tech that checked it in agreed that my charge door is not "within spec" and was sticking out too far. We'll see when I get it back in a few days.
My MY is in for service at Devon and I also noted the charge port door issue. They initially said it was within spec but it looks cheap and like you could get your fingers in there and wrench it open or break it off. We’ll see what they say when they return the car to me. If no improvement I’ll ask mobile tech when I have them install home link.