Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger door alignment - anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Matsayz

Jul 6, 2019
Las Vegas
Anyone have charger door alignment problems? I took my Model Y in for some other issues along with the charger door issue and I was told by the tech that “that’s how they’ve been coming in and how we’ve seen them on most of the cars coming to the showroom”.

I posted on my local Vegas FB group and two others have the same issue. Take a look at the pictures, hard to believe that’s just how it is and suck it up buttercup.

Attachments

• 0D57BE1E-D1EE-4F6E-97AE-F1F7B410D6E3.jpeg
    0D57BE1E-D1EE-4F6E-97AE-F1F7B410D6E3.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 764
  • 7B275322-72BA-45E6-88F6-5FA7E082F50E.jpeg
    7B275322-72BA-45E6-88F6-5FA7E082F50E.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 573
  • 949BF240-E148-42C9-9ED9-321A16B00C89.jpeg
    949BF240-E148-42C9-9ED9-321A16B00C89.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 514
I'm betting the service center will just replace it. We saw a couple that someone had tried to force close. The charge door has gears and sometimes when techs are trying to get it to sit flush, they'll push too hard or at a bad angle and damage a couple of the teeth. After that, the door is pretty much kaput. You need a new one. Good luck noshadow.

I have the same exact issue on my MY along with the taillights that are attached to the body of the car (not the hatch) sticking out too. I was told the same thing at delivery that they are all coming in that way (and they showed me a few others and they are), but that doesn't make it right. I have a service request and an appointment with Mobile Service on 6/24 so we shall see what happens then.

Reactions: rxlawdude
Same issue here. I had mobile tech out for looking at all the issues I have. Charge door was a no brainer, they have just ordered me a new one.

The big issue is that my driver's side door isn't on correct so the inside of the door is making contact with the dash causing an indentation. Mobile techs can't fix it and I am going to have to take it to a body shop locally.

I'd ask for a copy of that spec. Surely one must exist in order to claim your vehicle meets it.
I did talk on the phone to a mobile tech who is the son of a neighbor. He pulled up the service notes and said no numbers noted (and he can't get in the middle of it now that we've taken it to service). Now my husband thinks there are new scratches in the paint. I will have him ask about spec numbers when it takes it back tomorrow. We also have the psgr side taillight that sticks out. We walked around the area where new ones were ready for customer pickup, and others didn't have it. Also "within spec."