Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at home dropped to 20amps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks!

I have a 2 year old MYP that has been working great, and an Juicenet charger at home that puts out at 40amps. For 2 years.

Tonight - I noticed that my car is charging at 20amps, instead of 40amps. I restarted the Juicenet charger, restarting the car, went in to see if I can increase the amperage at the car (I can't - 20 is as high as it goes). My charger still shows that it can output 40amps.

Is anyone suddenly having this issue? Pretty sure I had an update to my car a few nights ago - and looking at my history - it looks like the slow charging started on 1/25.

Matt

Does the car show 20/40 Amps or 20/20 Amps?

What does it show the volts to be when it is not charging and when it is charging?

The car might be detecting voltage sag and reducing the Amps in order to compensate.

There could also be a loose connector somewhere.

Actually - I think I see the issue. I have 2 JuiceNet devices in a load sharing group, and one of them was offline. From a safety perspective, when one of the units in a load sharing group can't see the other - it ONLY sends half of the max, so the circuit doesn't overload.

Once I got my second one online - back to 40amps.

So - like you said - the car was just taking what it was told was available.

Thanks!

Matt