Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at Waterville Valley??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also worth noting that, since this thread was last active, 3 Superchargers have been opened along I93 north of Hooksett and south of Rt 49. Instead of the closest SC being Lincoln, 30 min in the wrong direction*, now it's Ashland, 30 min away in the right direction.

Charging options in the Valley would be nice too, of course.

* Assuming you're coming north up I93, as the OP was.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Still amazed after all these years, there is still no charging in the Valley.
There's a permit for Thornton on the way into Waterville - just waiting for construction to start.

Reactions: Driver Dave
I called for an update from town and resort.

Still no plans from either. They kind of are pointing the finger at each other.

And Blink installed a station but it is for condo folks only. Not sure how that works. They will tow you even if you have a Blink account.

I remain still amazed that after all these years of people getting more and more EVs, the town and resort has dropped the ball keeping up with them.

At least with Tesla you have many Superchargers around, so though a pain, it is easy enough to pop out of valley and charge quick.

But for other vehicles, I feel bad for that person with the new Rivian that goes on ski adventure and finds nothing in the valley and then absolutely no fast charging anywhere close. They are stuck at one of the slow chargers somewhere for many hours trying to get a full enough charge.

So it would be great if at least there were some chargepoints in the valley that you could drop your car on while skiing.

I'm also amazed at all these new EVs coming out, with not a good fast charging network to support them.

But remain totally appreciated that Tesla has built out their supercharging network. It makes everything workable.

Still wish Waterville would get some charging at this point because fast not Tesla chargers in the area are too far away for other EVs. It is a EV fast charging desert:

1669747297280.png