Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging completed bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed recently that if I have "Charging Complete" notification on in the app and I open the app, then I immediately get a notification saying Charging completed at <current time>
I have charging setup on a schedule and thus the car shouldn't be reporting that charging completed NOW, whenever I open the app.
Does anyone else see this behavior?

I do see this occasionally. I suspect what is happening is that the car finished charging (say overnight) and then went to sleep.

You open up your app, which wakes up the car, which thanks to vampire drain is now below your set charging limit, so it then initiates a charge, but decides hey, I'm full, I'll stop the charge, and you get the second notification. Or, maybe it's not even that complicated and the process of it waking up activates the "shore power" (because why not), but then it decides it doesn't need it.

Granted, depending on how you've set up your timer and the time that you open your app, maybe it shouldn't be happening.

But I wouldn't worry too much about it. My Nissan LEAF, running on a timer, gave me two charging notifications...one when I plugged the car in (which it then decided it wasn't time to charge) and then one when it actually completed charging. It's one of those things you just learn to ignore.