Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish there was an easier way to get charging information so I could track my home electric usage. Ideally this should be available through the Tesla App. I definitely would not give my credentials to a third-party source. Does anyone know if information like length of charge, volts/amps used and miles is available without using the API that developers reversed engineered from the Tesla App?

Tesla does not display this in the app.

I can think of two options if you refuse to give third parties either your login credentials or a token....
1. Write the software yourself and log to Google Sheets or whatever using the API:
Introduction
2. Get a power logger. Simple (or as complex) as:
Amazon.com : single phase 240V logger

But in the end I wouldn't worry about creating the token yourself and using that in one of the many apps that pull that information from the API. I wouldn't give my username/password but the token API is "better" and can be revoked at any time. In the very unlikely even someone does get that HUGE token, they would be able to lock/unlock/windows/climate/etc without a password, but to issue the remote start command, you would still need the password in addition to the token. Personally, I use TeslaMate which gives you everything you need and supports the API key but there are plenty out there.

upload_2020-7-27_14-8-9.png