TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging in Western Mass

Discussion in 'New England' started by hcsharp, Jun 15, 2014.

1. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

I'm traveling tomorrow (Mon June 16, 2014) with my daughter to Great Barrington, MA and it looks like a charging wasteland out there. Anybody know of anything that might help us get home? It's about 190 mi to our destination one way. I won't plug in at 30A - we're not staying overnight. Hoping to find 70 - 80A... If anybody knows of anything that's not on PlugShare, let us know!

2. tes-s

tes-s Member

Have you considered supercharger in Albany? Coming from VT, that detour and charge could be faster than an 80A along your route.

3. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

Henry drives a Roadster, SuperCharger not helpful.
    When I drove my Model S to Six Flags last year, all I could find is 30A EVSEs, ended up going round trip without charging, 106 miles each way.

4. Mike_Schlechter

Mike_Schlechter Model S - P457

Depending when you need to cut off of 91, there are lots of options in Northampton. The fire station has a 1772, and is across the street from an all you can eat Chinese place.

5. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

Surely Jim must know someone.

6. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Plugshare is showing chargers in Lenox and Lee. Northampton also has several chargers near hotels and restaurants.

7. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Nothing greater than 30A at all those places. That would be OK at our destination (Kellogg Conservation Ctr on the AT, 7mi SW of Great Barrington) where I wouldn't have to wait. Currently charging at 48A (NEMA 14-60) at the Northampton KOA. Catching up on TMC while we wait. 100 mi here which is 2hrs in a Roadster will get us to our destination and back to here. Then a couple more hrs should easily get me home. Thanks to everyone for suggestions.

8. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

Add to plugshare!!!