Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Western Mass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hcsharp

Jun 7, 2011
Vermont
I'm traveling tomorrow (Mon June 16, 2014) with my daughter to Great Barrington, MA and it looks like a charging wasteland out there. Anybody know of anything that might help us get home? It's about 190 mi to our destination one way. I won't plug in at 30A - we're not staying overnight. Hoping to find 70 - 80A... If anybody knows of anything that's not on PlugShare, let us know!

Depending when you need to cut off of 91, there are lots of options in Northampton. The fire station has a 1772, and is across the street from an all you can eat Chinese place.

Plugshare is showing chargers in Lenox and Lee. Northampton also has several chargers near hotels and restaurants.

Nothing greater than 30A at all those places. That would be OK at our destination (Kellogg Conservation Ctr on the AT, 7mi SW of Great Barrington) where I wouldn't have to wait. Currently charging at 48A (NEMA 14-60) at the Northampton KOA. Catching up on TMC while we wait. 100 mi here which is 2hrs in a Roadster will get us to our destination and back to here. Then a couple more hrs should easily get me home. Thanks to everyone for suggestions.

Nothing greater than 30A at all those places. That would be OK at our destination (Kellogg Conservation Ctr on the AT, 7mi SW of Great Barrington) where I wouldn't have to wait. Currently charging at 48A (NEMA 14-60) at the Northampton KOA. Catching up on TMC while we wait. 100 mi here which is 2hrs in a Roadster will get us to our destination and back to here. Then a couple more hrs should easily get me home. Thanks to everyone for suggestions.

Add to plugshare!!!