Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging port door doesn't auto open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The charging port door on my wife's 2019 3 doesn't (and hasn't for a long time I was told today) automatically open when the button on our home wall charger is pressed. She always has to manually nudge the lower right (I think she said) of the port door, and it opens with no problem. And it will close automatically when the charger is placed back into the wall unit.

We use the same wall charger for my older S and the port door always automatically opens.

Any suggestions and thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

The charging port door on my wife's 2019 3 doesn't (and hasn't for a long time I was told today) automatically open when the button on our home wall charger is pressed.

Any suggestions and thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.
Not sure if this will help, but just hitting the button doesn't work for me. I need to hold the button for a second or two, to wake the car up and then it opens.

5150-----tried your suggestion a few times with no luck. Then gave it one last try and SUCCESS. Not only did the port door open, now it seems to work normally------just press the button on the wall charger once breifly, and the door works (at least it did the 5-6 times I tested it).

Thank you all for your suggestions, and a special thank you to 5150.

Reactions: 5150