Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging port not releasing charge cable post got me thinking...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw the new thread on charging port not releasing charging cable.

once in a while, at home. Model X would not release cable when I press once on the connector. Seen this on both of my Xs. However, pressing the button twice in sequence will turn LED white and release. Not understanding why this is happening, although I think when ever it happens, I think I have have left cable plugged in over night, well after it finished charging. But majority of the time, single press will release connector.

Maybe I missed out when this was discussed, but I'm not sure why double-press works when all other times, it's a single press.

Anybody else run into this?

When I press once, usually it'll turn white and release. I see it flip to white, then immediately back to green, and I can hear HPWC clicking to start charging. So something it telling it that the car is not done charging. Just my IT background, telling me to do a double-press. Since it's the only interface for function, single press, long-press, double-press, double-press and hold is what I was thinking. I did not try anything else other then the double-press. No key fob, no release from MCU, etc...

-ThinkMac-

That a look at this entry...
may be a similar issue, but something we all need to be aware of.