Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging problems (240 and 110)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the garage also has some 120V outlets? Which phase are they?

Is there anything else connected inside the garage to the power line?

Did you measured the volatage between each pins of your NEMA 10-30 or NEMA 14-30?

Note: If you have an extra 10-30 or 14-30 plug, I would build an extension cord with two separate NEMA 5-15 Receptacles, one on each phase.
And I would plug the TESLA UMC 5-15 plug to each receptacle to check which phase has a problem.
not good

This whole scenario of the UMC being powered correctly and then the Tesla seeing the voltage but not charging is exactly the same symptoms I'm having with my Solar system. The UMC is connected and is not throwing any error codes and seems powered correctly, but the Tesla will simply not start charging.

When i connect to my main home supply all is fine, just like you experienced with your FIT home and separate garage.

I don't know what the fix is, I have another thread going to see if anyone can shed light on it. It seems to me if your tesla is seeing the voltage from the UMC and relay's are "Clicking" on and off, then there must be something going on with the power quality maybe once the power is applied to the vehicle that the vehicle doesn't like.

Sorry i don't have any fixes, but i'll keep this thread in mind if i find the issue on the other thread.