Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging protocol/etiquette when charging at hotels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The hotel should offer a valet service for anyone recharging.
that would incur an expense most hotels and only the more expensive/upscale properties would offer valet services most other properties will not want to incur the costs to provide that kind of service, so it is usually a first come servered free for all. if the hotel does offer a valet service there is usually a hefty cost involved to park the car.

67665CBD-6F35-4567-92E8-5BF23BF3C8D9.jpeg
Arrived at an inn in Kennebunkport Maine where I am staying because they have 2 tesla chargers and 1 Level 2 charger available. None of them were in use although the level 2 charger was ICE’d. The ICE pulled out just before I took this shot. There are six chargers within 100 yards because the inn across the street has three Tesla chargers for their patrons.

It was tempting to leave my Model 3 plugged in overnight because there is no traffic in the lot and the inn keeper told me that I was the only EV registered. However the peer pressure from this thread was too much and I unplugged and moved the car for the night.

If I did arrive and found someone camped on the charger it would be difficult to accept graciously. So, the three chargers sit empty just in case they are needed and I got all of the power that I needed. It works when we all play fair.