Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging started then stops , mobile connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks

It goes from starting to charge to parked when plugged in using the mobile connector .

Everything was fine before this came out of the blue ?
I had this problem a few years back. Turned out the the wiring/plug box hardware in the 240 v plug was getting too old (after ~10 years of no problems), and causing the safety sensor in charger to trip. It was intermittent but after several times of waking up to a partially charged car, I replaced with a hardwired Tesla wall charger and no problems since.

The mobile charger/ standard 240 plug is apparently not designed for repeated long term use, especially with multi hour charging sessions.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0
The mobile charger/ standard 240 plug is apparently not designed for repeated long term use, especially with multi hour charging sessions.
More likely the outlet was not designed for having a plug inserted and removed daily. That is to say your mobile charger plug is probably fine, but the outlet you bypassed by installing a wall charger was likely your problem. My understanding is that there are outlets made for this, but they are significantly more expensive. OP could have the same problem, though. I would expect some error/log to help confirm if that were the case, but presumably you weren't getting one?

Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0