TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Charging stopped and window opened on its own??!!!!! X-P100D

Discussion in 'Model X' started by TOBASH, Sep 4, 2017.

1. TOBASH

TOBASH Member

I closed up the car and set it to charge as I went on vacation.

As usual the car drained 10 miles and then said it was fully charged. As a lark I set preferences to partial charge and then back to full charge... And the car began charging back to 288. That was Thursday IIRC.

Saturday I noticed car was not charging (via information on the Tesla App) and stated it was ready to charge and it was plugged in but there was no current flowing.

I asked a family member to check the car. He told me the driver's side window was open.

I used the App to allow him access and to allow him to lock up the car... And the car then regained the ability to charge.

So, $64,000 is... what happened! (especially why did the driver's window open all on its own?)

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I bet Tesla engineering would like to know this, along with a time stamp (or approx) and permission to access your logs. Please notify them.

• Like x 1
  3. SSD420

SSD420 Member

The window will open if it suspects there's an obstruction.

I had this happen once in the middle of a severe rain storm. Thankfully for me, I had a loaner MX as mine was at at SC.

I've had this also happen to both my MX 90D and MX P100D.

As per the charge stopping.. perhaps there was a power outage?

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Was there a power outage at your house during the time the car was charging?

Did you contact your Service Center about this and have them pull the logs on your car?