Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Stopped due to charger issue- Super Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was charging at a supercharger last week and went out shopping. My car only must have charged for 2mins (got charged 0.48, rate .24/min). Came back and didn't think much of it. I got a phone notification of Charging Stopped.

Same thing happened again, yesterday. Different charger at the same location. Unplugged and plugged back again, - It happened about 3 times. Each of those 3 times, I got the same error ("Charging Stopped due to an issue with the charger) and was charged 48 cents each attempt.

Tried calling support, but was on hold, so moved the car to a different spot and it was fine afterwards. I think this can get very annoying soon if it happened during a long distance travel.

Not sure if this is an issue with my car, or if I was doing something wrong. Hope the latter. Just wanted to see if any of you here experience it here.

Superchargers were designed to be pretty much Idiot Proof. Just Plug in.

The issue was with the Supercharger itself. If it ever happens again just move to a different stall. It is nice if you can inform Service so they can get it fixed.

Issues I have experienced include:
Slow charging
Not charging at all
Charging starts fine, then rapidly slows down.

When on a trip using Superchargers I find myself always watching the Charging status on the app.

The Supercharger that feeds stalls 1A and 1B in Grand Rapids is malfunctioning. 1B stopped charging on me twice recently, so I moved to another stall without issue. Please call Tesla to report the problem. If you're in the area, you might also type up a sign to put on the stalls until they're repaired.