Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charity bets: $100/$1K/$10K -> EAP/FSD feature release by 12/31, 1/31, 3/31

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huh. It’s strange, he struck me as one of the more reasonable/grounded regulars around here right up until he was banned. Strange reversal.

You must have missed his unhinged rants, then. One of the reasons I proposed the bet that promulgated this thread was because of one of them. Sometimes if it looks like a duck...

Now, I didn't foresee the escalation and it's worth noting that it wasn't $1100. It was $20 plus $100 plus $1000 plus $10,000, which is why I asserted that there were 11,120 reasons to take exception (paraphrasing).

Fast forwarding to present day, in the end, doing the Right Thing won out - to the credit of @MXWing and @BigD0g (and others) in particular. Donations are a tricky thing - many people, myself included, tend to manage that sort of thing on an annual basis - so for people to step up on the fly to help the less fortunate ranks very highly in my book. True power of, and a credit to the community indeed.

And hey, just to bring this full circle, we might even get the first vestiges of FSD by 2020, too :). We'll probably have to buy new chariots to get full benefit, but... eh. When I paid for FSD 1.7 years ago, there wasn't a distinction and already my car doesn't support the dashcam feature nor the (broken) promise of being able to retrofit MCU2 to my MCU1 car. Let alone what will be Smart Summon as seen in the 12/2016 video, or anything else of that ilk. I'm sure we'll get something. Just not quite sure what.

All I want for Festivus is stop sign reaction (and AP1-quality speed limit sign reaction without having to buy an AP1 car again). Is that too much to ask? :)

Huh. It’s strange, he struck me as one of the more reasonable/grounded regulars around here right up until he was banned. Strange reversal.

You don't know the character of your best friend or even your brother until they owe you money.

People do unimaginable things good and evil for a dollar.

Now, I didn't foresee the escalation and it's worth noting that it wasn't $1100. It was $20 plus $100 plus $1000 plus $10,000, which is why I asserted that there were 11,120 reasons to take exception (paraphrasing).

With the last bet to himself, he was really only on the hook for 1120 because those were the wagers with counter parties?

Next time we will know to set up escrows for when people want to run their mouth off.

Even if I made a 11,120 wager I would honor that even if it couldn’t be done in a lump sum. People need to keep their word. In this case, the word was also made to disadvantaged children.

What amazed me was @TaoJones and @bigd00755 antied up despite "winning". No one can "lose" when being charitable but clearly @calisnow thinks differently.

And hey, just to bring this full circle, we might even get the first vestiges of FSD by 2020, too :). We'll probably have to buy new chariots to get full benefit, but... eh. When I paid for FSD 1.7 years ago, there wasn't a distinction and already my car doesn't support the dashcam feature nor the (broken) promise of being able to retrofit MCU2 to my MCU1 car. Let alone what will be Smart Summon as seen in the 12/2016 video, or anything else of that ilk. I'm sure we'll get something. Just not quite sure what.

All I want for Festivus is stop sign reaction (and AP1-quality speed limit sign reaction without having to buy an AP1 car again). Is that too much to ask? :)

I think we get sign reading before 2020. There's got to be enough raw data to train those cameras.

I'm expecting HW3 on my 2.2 year Model X. I don't know what Elon/Tesla will do if those HW2 cars aren't up to snuff but one advantage working for Tesla is car population is relatively low.

If Tesla is able to mass produce every vehicle going forward, it's going to be cheapest for Tesla to perhaps offer favorable trade in terms for HW2 to new chariots. "Cash for clunkers" lol.

I would REALLY fear for TSLA if HW 2.5 cars need major work. There's offending a village, and then there offending a continent worth of people.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
You don't know the character of your best friend or even your brother until they owe you money.

People do unimaginable things good and evil for a dollar.

With the last bet to himself, he was really only on the hook for 1120 because those were the wagers with counter parties?

Next time we will know to set up escrows for when people want to run their mouth off.

Even if I made a 11,120 wager I would honor that even if it couldn’t be done in a lump sum. People need to keep their word. In this case, the word was also made to disadvantaged children.

What amazed me was @TaoJones and @bigd00755 antied up despite "winning". No one can "lose" when being charitable but clearly @calisnow thinks differently.

I think we get sign reading before 2020. There's got to be enough raw data to train those cameras.

I'm expecting HW3 on my 2.2 year Model X. I don't know what Elon/Tesla will do if those HW2 cars aren't up to snuff but one advantage working for Tesla is car population is relatively low.

If Tesla is able to mass produce every vehicle going forward, it's going to be cheapest for Tesla to perhaps offer favorable trade in terms for HW2 to new chariots. "Cash for clunkers" lol.

I would REALLY fear for TSLA if HW 2.5 cars need major work. There's offending a village, and then there offending a continent worth of people.

Who’s @bigd00755 ??? Man, that’s gotta be the third imposter I’ve seen!

4B5663C0-139C-450E-A18C-FC316BA781C6.jpeg