TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Check Out My New Model S - with Refresh, and Photos

Discussion in 'Model S' started by fballatore, May 18, 2016.

1. fballatore

fballatore Member

My refreshed Model S has arrived!!! Pics here - Tesla S70D - fballatore

What a great experience today - the staff at the Mt Kisco, NY location is great!! Painless process, and very thorough. With all the reading I've done over the past few weeks, I knew almost everything about the car, but they still gave me a great walk-through. When we arrived (in my wife's Leaf), my car was charging right up front. It was love at first sight!

I was a little apprehensive about choosing the white headliner, but it matches beautifully. The color (Midnight silver) is gorgeous, and the grey seats are a perfect complement. I was very happy to see that Tesla uses black carpeting even with the light color seats. My E350 has beige carpeting to match the color of the seats, and it always looked dirty. I didn't go with the sound system upgrade, and I'm glad I didn't. The standard system sounds great (I'm not an audiophile, but I know it's at least as good a system as in most cars I've owned, and that includes upgraded sound in my last couple of E350s. I have nothing but praise for the entire experience. OK, so the wait was a bit excruciating at times, but now that my MS is home, the wait didn't seem bad at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Love x 12
    • Like x 11
    • Funny x 1
  2. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

Congrats! What a beautiful car!

3. chillaban

chillaban Member

Looks beautiful! Congrats on taking delivery!

4. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

Did you order it as a refresh? Did they say anything about activating the larger battery?

5. Eugene Ash

Eugene Ash Member

Congrats! No triple cam, right?

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Welcome to the family!

• Like x 1
  7. fballatore

fballatore Member

Thanks everyone! Is it normal to go look in the garage every 10 minutes?

Tanquen - My order was perfectly timed. Ordered on 4/6 (old style) and confirmed on 4/13, the day after the refresh was announced. I was given the upgrades at the old price. I so much more prefer the new look, and now I have Bioweapon Defense Mode! I had received an email directly from Tesla about activating the 75 kWh, but decided against it. For the $250 difference between activating upfront or later on, I figured I can always do it later if I decide I need it. I don't typically drive more than 40-50 miles a day, and we have plenty of SuperChargers in the areas we'll take road trips, so I think we'll be fine.

Eugene - no triple cam.

• Funny x 3
  8. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

Stunning, congratulations!

9. rcsting

rcsting Member

My exact color combo. Thanks for sharing !!! Makes my wait much harder now :)

10. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Beautiful MS! Great color choice combinations.

11. sloopee

sloopee Member

Mine is exactly the same midnight grey and same rims! Albeit the prefacelift model. Is it just me or do you think the rims look quite ugly as well? I was thinking of maybe spraying it grey

• Dislike x 1
  12. tanner

tanner Active Member

How gorgeous! I'm getting the same config tomorrow!!!!!! (Only difference is mine has black interior).

13. tanner

tanner Active Member

Getting mine tomorrow - I think the rims look good (at a distance), the close you get the worse they get. They're better than the previous 19" defaults IMHO though.

14. beantobe

beantobe Member

It's painful to see the license plate holder on there! Can't believe you haven't ripped it off yet!!

15. tanner

tanner Active Member

That'll be the absolute first thing I do if I can't strong arm them into doing it for me at service before I drive off the lot!

16. tanner

tanner Active Member

Really wanna hear your thoughts on obsidian black once you get it... My service center told me its one of the most scratch/swirl mark prone color choices. After having a black MS for almost 3 years, I can certainly attest to that claim (at least for the regular black).

17. NeilErdwien

NeilErdwien Member

Congratulations on your new baby!

Somewhere in these forums I remember someone asserting that they can't legally take it off. But they may be willing to let you borrow the fancy pentalobe (or whatever) driver that will undo the screws.

18. fballatore

fballatore Member

Unfortunately, I live in a state that requires a front plate. However, I will say that I think the bracket looks much nicer than on the old nosecone.

19. ElectricTundra

That is a great looking car. I love the interior colors.

Front plates do look much better on the refresh than the original.

• Like x 1
  20. twall-e

twall-e Roaming

@fballatore so you ordered just before the refresh announcement? Did you get any internal upgrades (spotted the console on your pictures, but any other upgrades and/or the HEPA installed?)