TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Checkups

Discussion in 'Model X' started by tmxninja, Sep 23, 2018.

?

How often do you take your Tesla in for inspections/checkups and how long does the appointment take?

1. Every 6 months

16.7%
  2. Every year

50.0%
  3. Every 2 years

33.3%
  4. Every 3 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Every 4 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Never do inspections/checkups

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Checkup takes a few hours WITH loaner car

33.3%
  8. heckup takes a few hours WITHOUT loaner car

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Checkup takes up to a week to complete WITH loaner car

16.7%
  10. Checkup takes up to a week to complete WITHOUT loaner car

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Checkup takes weeks to complete WITHOUT loaner car

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Checkup takes weeks to complete WITHOUT loaner car

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tmxninja

tmxninja Member

How often do you take your Tesla in for inspections/checkups and how long does the appointment take? I take in my gas car after 3 years. Would this apply for the Tesla too?

2. XHabjab

XHabjab Helping to end the ICE Age

How much do you pay in traffic tickets since you don't have a valid inspection sticker?
    How old is the engine oil and how many miles are on it?

3. tmxninja

tmxninja Member

Very funny :p This thread pertains regular dealership service inspection/checkups, outside of oil changes and state emissions inspection stickers.

4. XHabjab

XHabjab Helping to end the ICE Age

The poll question doesn't say that. To me, an "inspection" is where I get my annual inspection sticker. Oil changes are recommended every 4 years (ie. the oil coolant in the battery). That is the only recommended dealership service inspection/checkup for a Tesla.

There are probably very few Tesla owners that have had their car long enough to say anything about multi-year scheduled visits to the SC.

The poll is so poorly worded and categories poorly defined that I don't really see its usefulness.

[Also the last 2 options on the poll's list are the same with some obvious choices missing...]

5. tmxninja

tmxninja Member

Yes, I see how it can be mistaken for something else. I maxed out on # poll choices and can't mod it anymore.