Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete on white model 3 - white or black door handles?

chrome delete with white or black door handles

• white

Votes: 98 48.3%
  • black

Votes: 105 51.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I have a pearl white model 3 with powder coated dark grey 19" wheels. I love the chrome delete look for the white M3 but I've never seen it in person.

In pictures the black door handles seem to stick out very much. I've seen some chrome deletes where the handles are wrapped in white to match the car...

I'm leaning towards white but not sure if that will be odd as well... please let me know your thoughts.

white handles:

file.jpg

Black handles:

maxresdefault.jpg

OP based on the vote u will have a unique car if you go with your original choice ...I’m in SoCal so every other white car I see has the same chrome delete look now it’s becoming less of a difference in looks :(

Reactions: omar
I like the black handles but was tempted by the white. I would be concerned the doors might get scratched more from passengers not seeing them on entry. My Pearl White will be here in 13 days! 3M Clear bra day 1, Tint day 2, Chrome Delete Day 3!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! This input is exactly what I needed. I guess I'm leaning more towards black now. I just have to see it in person. I'm not trying to be unique, I just wanted what I though looks best...

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Black door handles continue the seamless flow along the body crease with dark contrasts of even accents including the headlight, side marker and tail light

If they are white they do not contrast and it looks like your car is missing something aka the guy that wrapped your car ran out of wrap

Reactions: P3D_Denver and omar
Black door handles continue the seamless flow along the body crease with dark contrasts of even accents including the headlight, side marker and tail light

If they are white they do not contrast and it looks like your car is missing something aka the guy that wrapped your car ran out of wrap

Though this is red-on-red, it's interesting that Franz himself maybe would disagree with that:
A look at Tesla Chief Designer’s stunning custom Model 3

The early prototype with the fancy metallic silver paint job also had silver handles and it looked bad ass (OK, that's way different though, haha).

I'm going to go against the grain here and vote for white handles on white. :)

Though this is red-on-red, it's interesting that Franz himself maybe would disagree with that:
A look at Tesla Chief Designer’s stunning custom Model 3

The early prototype with the fancy metallic silver paint job also had silver handles and it looked bad ass (OK, that's way different though, haha).

I'm going to go against the grain here and vote for white handles on white. :)

I agree, I like the white on white look for this. It makes it look more sleek (IMO) and almost like there aren't handles there at all. Very cool.

I will be going with white handles on white car............plus a few other tricks. I don't want the door handles to stand out as a design element as they do in black. The problem is finding a white material (paint/plastidip/vinyl) that will match the Pearl White paint.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: omar and P85_DA